Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Guys!

I don't post much. This is pretty evident by the fact that when I do post it always starts with I don't post much. Anyway, I digress,

I have here a picture of General Sterling Price, The General is a fine example of a 2000 Aero 1100.

My wife bought him for me When I turned 40, almost 6 years ago.

Since then I have had lots of good times on the General ( Who is not named after Gen. Price, but after Rooster Cogburn's cat in True Grit) And I have longed for better seatage.

So After years of pondering and reading message boards and especially this one I settled on a mustang seat. And I addes studs and a backrest.

All I can say is WOW! if you are thinking about it do it. Not only is it more comfortable but it also raises me up about an inch and that is a good thing,

It also looks good. Changes the appearance of the bike,

I also ordered a nice studded buffalo hide from Chilhowee Motorcycle leather.

The workmanship is excellent. And they are the nicest people to deal with.

This is like getting a new bike!

I'll put some serious miles on it this weekend and see how it shakes out.

SP

· Registered
136 Posts
I've got the same seat on my '99 Ace (sans backrest). It's great confort-wise and looks good too.
Mine was already on the bike when I bought it, so I really don't have anything to compare it to. I sure wouldn't change it, though.

Dave

· Registered
111 Posts
I had a similar experience. Waited 40,000 miles before finally getting a Corbin for my ST1100. Screw the fact that it looks tons better--the comfort factor alone was more than worth the measly $175 I paid for a secondhand model off ebay. Can't believe I was so silly as to not have done it much sooner. Even if you buy new and pay full-freight, scrap the factory seat yesterday and get something that's anatomically correct.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.