Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just barely put my new handlebars on and the bike is just about done as far as how I wanted it. Every time I've headed out on it since the new bars I'm always receiving compliments on it, from riders and non riders alike. It was giving me a big head lol.

So what's the problem right? I get someone (a friend of a friend, someone I've never met though) who offers a trade (for his 1999 Magna) which I subsequently turned down. I love Magnas and have always wanted one, but his was a little beat up for me to want over my bike. Next day, he gets a hold of me through our mutual friend and gives me a cash offer of $2500, pending a full inspection done by a professional shop. :shock: :shock: Literally, I was speechless. I would never think that my bike would fetch that much, even in the heat of riding season. Fact is, you can easily find late 90's Shadow 1100's for less than $3k around here.

It makes the gears start to grind in my head, thinking about the $1200 +/- profit I could make (including all the money I've spent on accessories and parts). It makes me think of the bikes I could buy that I've really wanted. I like my Shadow, but it is not the perfect bike for me.

So we take the bike to his shop of choice and they check it out. Nothing major came up other than my final drive was slightly low on fluid (hadn't gotten around to changing it yet). He took me out to lunch and I explained everything to him. How I bought the bike and how much I bought it for. What it needed, what I've added, what things have gone wrong, etc. I explained the need for an upgraded voltage r/r if he wanted to use the fog lights. At this point I was still really iffy about letting my bike go, being that I've (as well as another friend of mine) put so much work into it and I was really proud of myself so I asked him to give me a day to think about it.

I lost it when I looked at the online classifieds for a bike that I would want to buy. A few bikes piqued my interest but one stood out, a 2001 Honda Magna with 17k miles, custom paint, and a few other accessories. I couldn't help thinking about owning one of my dream bikes. So as of yesterday afternoon, it's a done deal. Shadow is gone, and so far, loving my new bike! I know you guys probably think I'm crazy lol.

Pics of my new-to-me ride:

The paint changes colors from a purple, to blue, to a reddish color. It's in immaculate condition, except for one scrape on the engine casing and one scratch on the tank by the seat. Literally that is it. No rock dings, no small little dents. No rusty chrome. I bought it from the second owner, who's owned it since 2003. He was asking $2900, but he was willing to take $2500. It came with a couple of extra oil filters, a sissy bar, a luggage rack, and everything else you see in the pictures. The sweet V4 engine just sings at speed. I rode it home in the rain yesterday and still couldn't wipe the s**t-eating grin off my face. :mrgreen:

I hope no one hates me for selling out... :oops:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
You.

I'm so mad.

I want it.

It's beautiful. I think you made a good choice because you seem far too ecstatic for anyone to claim otherwise. The paint job is amazing, the bike looks near-flawless, and I'm sure you're enjoying that power the Magna's known for ;). I'm looking forward to hearing stories about your adventures on this thing.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Real nice find , congrats. I'm always looking for something else too, but I'm on the fence about giving up my bike unless I got a good offer, so I don't need anything out of pocket for a new find. I was even thinking about putting a trade offer on Craigslist, maybe theirs something different I could trade for??

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
orlenz, I'll be sticking around here anyway. I've made a lot of friends. :)

Cool ride, I felt the same for my Shadow. I wouldn't have sold it unless I had gotten a good amount for it, $2500 bucks was high book for it and I personally don't think it was worth that much.

Everyone else, thank you for your compliments and understanding. :)

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nice bike! Always loved the V65. Congrats! Rack up the miles.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: I am close to my bike. I become "one" with it everyday. And then, like women, I get a new one. And repeat the process. :-D

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
Very nice ride Angela, you did GOOD! Now,what are you gonna change first:p We all know you will start SOON!
Hope you enjoy the new ride, she sure is PURTY!
Coop

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
awesome! sweet lookin' magna!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Now you get to start costomising the new bike, the newer Magnas are nice, looked at a few myself but found a great deal on my Shadow, did you get your package and mount before or after you sold it Lol could get new grips for the Magna.

Dauntae

·
Registered
296 Posts
No shame in that game, good on ya! That is a sweet looking bike, and I know this is not the Magna forum, but don't let that keep you from posting your progress on the mods.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.