·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Got it!

Anybody heading East-to-West next year, I'll be making the trip again & would enjoy adding HSN riders to our group across SD. We have the gas stops & non-stops calculated to 120 miles from Howard, SD (my home town) to Sturgis, SD on Hwy 34 - not the slab.

We have 10 months to figure it out, so keep saving those nickels and live through the winter!

·
Premium Member
7,220 Posts
Got it!

Anybody heading East-to-West next year, I'll be making the trip again & would enjoy adding HSN riders to our group across SD. We have the gas stops & non-stops calculated to 120 miles from Howard, SD (my home town) to Sturgis, SD on Hwy 34 - not the slab.

We have 10 months to figure it out, so keep saving those nickels and live through the winter!
I will be riding through SD on the 27th of July. Perhaps we can meet up. We take possession of the house we rented so that will 100% be the day.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I "rode mine" in July of 2010....and when I got there LOL Sturgis was a Ghost town. Me and my 2 friends were the ONLY bikes in town..most of the bikes & traffic comes in August. We rode the Bad lands, black hills, Sturgis, Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Deadwood, and Walls Drug, all in one day. NO crowds NO traffic No waiting in lines, and no problems finding a hotel.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Weather drove us west, from Purducca KY, insteadda North...
Kansas = Rain North == Clear west...
I`ve never been through St. Louis...
Maybe 2015 we can meet more HSN members,
D:D

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Less than a year to go to get my patch. Theja1, did you find a place to stay yet?

Not yet, but honestly have been too busy to look. If my boys back out (which wouldn't be a surprise), the wife is coming with me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
93 Posts
stay away from Sturgis in 2015 if you want to ride 50th was crazy with around 750000 they are calling for 1 mill for 2015 most of us up here that ride are planning to be any place but Sturgis for the 75th remember Sturgis is a town of 7000 the rest of the yr

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have a group of buddies who are planning to hit up Sturgis in 2015 from Maryland.
1700miles one way, going to be a good ride. I'll keep anyone who wants to know posted and maybe we can meet up.

·
Registered
16,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah, it`s 1700 miles to my front door from Sturgis too...

It`ll be History in the making going on for the 75th anniversary,
Dennis

21 - 33 of 33 Posts