Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Fact is, I think HD motorcycles are cool...so are Playboy, Motorhead and the Stones.

What amazes me is how HD Owners all drink the Kool-Aid...they actually believe that "brotherhood, American Made, legendary" crap.

That part, frankly, I find funny.

As is my right...right? You Harley guys believe in "freedom", or say you do...

I am free to express my disdain for the overpriced junk HD is selling.
What amazes me is how often "Harley guys" are stereotyped.

All I can say is this; I ride almost every day to and from work at minimum. My bike runs great. I bought it to ride, not to wear as a label. The two Shadows I've owned were great bikes too, as were the Suzuki's, Yamaha's and whatever.

It's never been a crime to be proud of what you ride, whatever you ride. I'm proud of my Harley. Not ashamed to say so. The best bike is the one you ride, regardless of make. Today's HD owner is fully aware that their bikes are built by global suppliers, not just American. I doubt anyone other than old time Harley enthusiasts care. But those guys felt that the brotherhood died long ago when prices went up and Yuppies moved into the brand. Can't make everyone happy, can we?

If someone buys a bike, no matter the price tag, no matter the technology, no matter the value, and is happy with their purchase.....what's it to me or you.

If you're nursing sour grapes, go right ahead.

I have yet to read a thread on this forum where someone owning a HD is bashing Honda. Not once. As stated earlier, most of the guys here either own or owned a Honda and obviously have stayed on the board because our respect for the maker and friends we have gained while being here.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I'd buy another HD in a minute. About the only thing I don't like about them are the self canceling turns signals
Really? I kinda like the self canceling signals. One less thing I need to remember to turn off!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Buying a Harley is always a poor decision compared to almost any other bike, because you are paying a huge premium to belong to their imaginary club.
There's nothing imaginary there, or even unique. You donate to the museum, you have your name added as a contributer. We have a local art museum that does the same kind of thing. Donate, and your name is engraved into one of the bricks in the main hall of the museum. Not a new idea and nothing new under the sun.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.