Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just cause I didn't buy a Honda does not mean that I hate them. I like lots of different bikes. Unfortunately I can only buy one. I know I paid enough for this one that I could of bought 2 Shadows, but when it came down to decision time it was what I wanted. I want what I want when I want it. LOL

I am sorry I have brought up hard feelings in some. I did not mean to do that when I joined this forum I was dead set on buying a Shadow. I have always liked the looks of them. I don't like the looks of most Harleys. This bike however just called to me. I like the very basic look of it. Again I am sorry for upsetting anybody.

Gotta go my Harley awaits.

Oh and what bikes I have seen of peeps that have posted. Love em sweet bikes.
Nice looking bike! Congratulations man! I'm glad for you!

As the saying goes, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Putting down a mans new toy is like Santa pissing all over your Christmas presents.

Some people just don't want others to be happy I guess.
________

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Well, after 9 pages, Ive got to hand this "win" to Halifax. I think he has made numerous good points, and backed it up with links to news articles. In response, he has gotten insulted (comments about his wife running off with an HD owner.) That is a common fallacy used when someone runs out of ammunition and cannot further defend their own position with anything legitimate. Like a monkey flinging poo.

In the end, as long as the OP enjoys his new ride, thats all that matters. Im more like halifax myself - I would rather pay for reliability. Its one of the reasons I bought a Kawasaki sportbike over a Ducati - WAY less required maintenance, and way cheaper maintenance. Not to mention a cheaper bike to begin with.

I too love the looks of Harleys...but I wont ever own one, due to the price.
I imagine we could all do better, no matter what we purchase, according to someone else. Was Halifax really trying to help, or is he a 'right fighter'; when a person always thinks they are right and wants to battle everyone around him in order to convert them to their way of thinking?

Being right at the expense of another, especially on a public forum, does not constitute a winner.
_________

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
My wife's 1975 Ford Granada. Only 120,000 miles on it.

My 1985 Ford E-350 Custom conversion van. Also has 120,000 miles on it. But, with the 460 cid engine, it sucks gas like there's no tomorrow.

We get razzed all the time. But, they just keep running.
________

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Facts are facts and throughout this thread you haven't advanced any.

Bike vs You. You are not your bike, so when I point out your Harleys are not nearly as reliable or well-engineered as my Hondas...that's not about you, you see. It's about that lump in your driveway. When you reply with childish "insults" (yo momma!)...you're actually saying a lot more about yourself than me.
6 Reasons Why You Never Need
to Win an Argument

1. You can never technically “win”

2. Arguing perpetuates conflict

3. The legal system is based on arbitration

4. No one can argue against feelings

5. No one can argue against needs

6. Trying to control another person’s opinion oversteps both their boundaries and yours

Yes, facts are facts, but we are forgetting one very important fact. WE ARE HUMAN! Do we really believe it's just about the bikes?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Posting anything on a public forum is asking for an opinion whether you want it or not. If that's something people can't handle, I suggest the internet may not be for them.

Nice bike, OP. I'm in the "I won't pay that much for a brand" crowd, but it is a nice looking scoot.
An opinion is one thing, to prove a point over and over and over again at the expense of others is something else all together.
________

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.