Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a trader. I went to the Harley Store today to pay for my Rider Course. Then I was headed to Honda to check out some Shadows. I didn't make it that far. I fell in love with a Harley. The Harley Softail Slim. Sorry Guys.

;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its alot more but wow I love it. I have raised my kids and its just time for me to spoil me. LOL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
LOL WOW my head is spinning after that lecture. I do appreciate the constructive criticism though. Thanks :-D Uhm I didn't see the second page of comments. WOW didn't mean to start an argument. I do still like the looks of Shadows and lots of other bikes when I saw this bike though I don't know I just had to have it. I agree with gmck. We all love our bikes so lets just ride and enjoy. Oh and its not really able to carry a passenger. There is a small seat you can get but still no place for a passenger to put there feet. Not really looking to ride a passenger. Its just something for me to enjoy cruising around on when I am not working and I work alot. Again Thanks for All the comments and I love all the pictures of your bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just cause I didn't buy a Honda does not mean that I hate them. I like lots of different bikes. Unfortunately I can only buy one. I know I paid enough for this one that I could of bought 2 Shadows, but when it came down to decision time it was what I wanted. I want what I want when I want it. LOL

I am sorry I have brought up hard feelings in some. I did not mean to do that when I joined this forum I was dead set on buying a Shadow. I have always liked the looks of them. I don't like the looks of most Harleys. This bike however just called to me. I like the very basic look of it. Again I am sorry for upsetting anybody.

Gotta go my Harley awaits.

Oh and what bikes I have seen of peeps that have posted. Love em sweet bikes.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I will do my best to keep you informed. Hopefully no one gets upset then that I am talking about a Harley. So far though Lovin the Bike. Lovin Every Minute Of It. LOL Like a kid playing with his new Toy. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Got to find the time to take some real pics of it and not just the ones I have pulled off line.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 · (Edited)
I do admit I could of saved a ton of money buying the Honda Shadow like I originally planned, but its not what I wanted in the end. Back in 1991 all I wanted was that Honda Shadow that I fail in love with. Now I fail in love with a Harley. Not the club or the name but the Softail Slim. I admit the name and club is a bonus, but not the reason.

I know no matter what I buy of anything in any walk of life there will always be someone who will put it down. Years ago I drove a Chevy truck. Hated Fords, and gave people a hard time who drove fords. I am now on my fourth Ford Truck.

I also own a Ford Fusion now which I really Love.

Point is. What is right for me may not be right for you, may not be right for many people, but I love my machines. In the end that's all that really matters. They all run great and I love them. I am glad my post has provided so much entertainment, really I am. I have read every post. Sometimes with a smile, and a lot with laughter. Yes its been very entertaining for me as well. Comparing, and arguing over our machines is something we as Americans have the privilege of doing. Long before the internet we have always done this. Now we just do it on a much larger scale. I remember way back when in the military when I had my Chevy, and my buddy had a Ford we would go back and forth about it. Its all part of the fun. So thanks for the fun guys.:lol:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
No need to get rid of something if it still runs good and you like it. The best thing of all is its probably paid for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Halifax I have been nothing but nice. The cold hard truth is your an *******. You have nothing better to do then harass me on here. Get A Life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Thanks and I will. If I can tare myself away from it when I finally pick it up. I will though.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
I really don't want to stir the pot here, but several asked me to report how I like the motorcycle so here it goes. I love it. It is so easy to ride. I rode a Buell Blast in the MSF which was a lot of fun,but my Harley just is so much easier to handle. Of course at 700 pounds I can't man handle it like I can a 500 Buell but it handles so well who needs too. I Love my Harley. I am a little freaked though cause the day before I rode mine home another guy from work bought a bike and got run over by a truck on the way home. Couldn't see him through the cage I guess. Last I heard he was in bad shape but alive. I will know more tomorrow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
Yes I have some pics of it but I will have to wait till I get home on the computer tonight to post them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
I did remove the heel shifter. I just shift with my toe anyway so it was just in my way of putting my foot on the floor board.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #195 ·
I did put the cover on the shaft when I took off the heel shifter. The spacer that would go behind the toe shifter was more expensive. I like the way it looks with the cap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Okay its been 4 weeks now. I now have 650 miles on the bike. Feeling alot more comfortable. I love the bike. Realistically though I have zero experience on other bikes so I would have absolutely no idea how my Harley would compare to other bikes. I do tbink mine is probably easier to ride because the seat height is so low at 23.8 inches which gives it a low center of gravity. The longer I have it the harder it is to stay and off it. At first I was a little scared of it being new. I had a sense of dread when I was going to get on it. Now I just want to ride. I love my Harley but at this point I just love riding. I am mot sure if it would matter what bike I am on. I got the riding bug now there is no turning back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.