Honda Shadow Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts
Glad you're enjoying it, got any pics yet?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Enjoy

Hope the original poster has many years of riding. A great bike that Harley to be sure. Being on the north side of 60 and having owned many great bikes, BSA, Triumph, Honda, and Harley among others, the one thing I have learned is that happiness is not in things rather it is within ones soul. Again many great bikes of all marques out there. Ride safe....Tim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Yes I have some pics of it but I will have to wait till I get home on the computer tonight to post them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a GREAT Electra Glide before I started working in public service. My Shadow rides as well on my 40 mile commute, with less vibration. Now if I was leaving MS to head toward the Black Hills, I'd like to have my Electra Glide back. Main thing is ride what you like and be safe doing so.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
I did remove the heel shifter. I just shift with my toe anyway so it was just in my way of putting my foot on the floor board.

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts
That was the first thing I did to my bike too. I gave it a few days, but just couldn't get used to it. None of my bikes ever had one before so it just felt awkward.

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts
Yeah, I got one. You can get them just about anywhere. eBay, JCWhitney, Dennis Kirk, most dealers... theres also a spacer you can put behind your front shift fork if you don't want the cap sticking out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
I did put the cover on the shaft when I took off the heel shifter. The spacer that would go behind the toe shifter was more expensive. I like the way it looks with the cap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Okay its been 4 weeks now. I now have 650 miles on the bike. Feeling alot more comfortable. I love the bike. Realistically though I have zero experience on other bikes so I would have absolutely no idea how my Harley would compare to other bikes. I do tbink mine is probably easier to ride because the seat height is so low at 23.8 inches which gives it a low center of gravity. The longer I have it the harder it is to stay and off it. At first I was a little scared of it being new. I had a sense of dread when I was going to get on it. Now I just want to ride. I love my Harley but at this point I just love riding. I am mot sure if it would matter what bike I am on. I got the riding bug now there is no turning back.

181 - 197 of 197 Posts