Honda Shadow Forums banner
41 - 60 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
I feel like a trader. I went to the Harley Store today to pay for my Rider Course. Then I was headed to Honda to check out some Shadows. I didn't make it that far. I fell in love with a Harley. The Harley Softail Slim. Sorry Guys.

;)
I like it and if you see somthin you like and can afford go for it, and I like the poofy cloud feel of the softail ride they just arent the cornering machine that regular shocks offer. But that is one sweet ride man.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Wow, I must say some of you are acting like he just raped your mother. Like none of you have ever changed your mind about something? I'll say this, some of you are acting like this IS an HD forum, cuz if this was posted there and someone bought a non HD, you'd be hearing the same shyt from them. I think we're better then that though. There are a lot of non Honda brand owners here, including myself. So what. Doesn't mean we aren't/can't be a productive part of this forum. Personally, I wouldn't buy an HD either, I think they are over rated and over priced. However, be happy for the guy, he just got a new scoot.

·
Banned
605 Posts
So I take it you won't be buying a Harley? :shock::shock::shock::wink:
Nearly bought an 01 Road King in March...

I like Harleys, I just think HD is brainwashing then bending its customers over and spanking them like little love slaves, which probably explains the chaps.

Personally, I wouldn't buy an HD either, I think they are over rated and over priced. However, be happy for the guy, he just got a new scoot.
Amen to the first part...but how can you be happy for a guy who's about to find out his first oil change is going to cost $400.? They should give out little HD logo'd Crying Towels at the Service Desk.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Fact is, I think HD motorcycles are cool...so are Playboy, Motorhead and the Stones.

What amazes me is how HD Owners all drink the Kool-Aid...they actually believe that "brotherhood, American Made, legendary" crap.

That part, frankly, I find funny.

As is my right...right? You Harley guys believe in "freedom", or say you do...

I am free to express my disdain for the overpriced junk HD is selling.
What amazes me is how often "Harley guys" are stereotyped.

All I can say is this; I ride almost every day to and from work at minimum. My bike runs great. I bought it to ride, not to wear as a label. The two Shadows I've owned were great bikes too, as were the Suzuki's, Yamaha's and whatever.

It's never been a crime to be proud of what you ride, whatever you ride. I'm proud of my Harley. Not ashamed to say so. The best bike is the one you ride, regardless of make. Today's HD owner is fully aware that their bikes are built by global suppliers, not just American. I doubt anyone other than old time Harley enthusiasts care. But those guys felt that the brotherhood died long ago when prices went up and Yuppies moved into the brand. Can't make everyone happy, can we?

If someone buys a bike, no matter the price tag, no matter the technology, no matter the value, and is happy with their purchase.....what's it to me or you.

If you're nursing sour grapes, go right ahead.

I have yet to read a thread on this forum where someone owning a HD is bashing Honda. Not once. As stated earlier, most of the guys here either own or owned a Honda and obviously have stayed on the board because our respect for the maker and friends we have gained while being here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Just cause I didn't buy a Honda does not mean that I hate them. I like lots of different bikes. Unfortunately I can only buy one. I know I paid enough for this one that I could of bought 2 Shadows, but when it came down to decision time it was what I wanted. I want what I want when I want it. LOL

I am sorry I have brought up hard feelings in some. I did not mean to do that when I joined this forum I was dead set on buying a Shadow. I have always liked the looks of them. I don't like the looks of most Harleys. This bike however just called to me. I like the very basic look of it. Again I am sorry for upsetting anybody.

Gotta go my Harley awaits.

Oh and what bikes I have seen of peeps that have posted. Love em sweet bikes.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Wow, I must say some of you are acting like he just raped your mother. Like none of you have ever changed your mind about something? I'll say this, some of you are acting like this IS an HD forum, cuz if this was posted there and someone bought a non HD, you'd be hearing the same shyt from them. I think we're better then that though. There are a lot of non Honda brand owners here, including myself. So what. Doesn't mean we aren't/can't be a productive part of this forum. Personally, I wouldn't buy an HD either, I think they are over rated and over priced. However, be happy for the guy, he just got a new scoot.

I agree with you one hundred percent, hell, people are acting like he just bought a Suzuki. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Just cause I didn't buy a Honda does not mean that I hate them. I like lots of different bikes. Unfortunately I can only buy one. I know I paid enough for this one that I could of bought 2 Shadows, but when it came down to decision time it was what I wanted. I want what I want when I want it. LOL

I am sorry I have brought up hard feelings in some. I did not mean to do that when I joined this forum I was dead set on buying a Shadow. I have always liked the looks of them. I don't like the looks of most Harleys. This bike however just called to me. I like the very basic look of it. Again I am sorry for upsetting anybody.

Gotta go my Harley awaits.

Oh and what bikes I have seen of peeps that have posted. Love em sweet bikes.
Nice looking bike! Congratulations man! I'm glad for you!

As the saying goes, one mans trash is another mans treasure.

Putting down a mans new toy is like Santa pissing all over your Christmas presents.

Some people just don't want others to be happy I guess.
________

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Made it through page 4. All I gotta say is nice looking bike. Hope you still enjoy it for what it is (ride wise, not the hoopla) as you get some miles on it. Keep in touch and let us know what you think of it from time to time. What you still like, what you've decided you don't like, that kind of stuff. I like to be informed by actual, factual, user comments.

Nice thing thing is you can probably get a good trade in later if you decide you don't like it as much on down the road. And if a year from now you are loving it even more, then GOOD ON YA! Sounds like the bike picked you as it often is. So get to know each other and just ride.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I will do my best to keep you informed. Hopefully no one gets upset then that I am talking about a Harley. So far though Lovin the Bike. Lovin Every Minute Of It. LOL Like a kid playing with his new Toy. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey man, that is a sweet ride! **** what other people think... If you can afford it, and you love it. All the power to you!
I ride with a few Harley guys and they never give me $hit, and I never give them $hit. Its called respect, some people don't come by it naturally. Someday I hope to own an HD myself. I will always be a Honda guy but love them Hd's as well.
Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Its kinda of funny how the HD slim sort of looks like a phantom. Enjoy the ride.

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Car

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Automotive tire

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
605 Posts
What amazes me is how often "Harley guys" are stereotyped.

<snip>
I think Harleys are a bit like Renaults or General Motors cars...some models are bulletproof, others not so much.

You have a 93 Sportster, which as you know, is a great bike because it's a pre rubber mount (last year?) and that Evo Sporty motor is the most durable and dependable in the lineup.

I think the "stereotyping" is evidence of HD jumping the shark along with its primary demographic...(plus, harley owners buy into the "band of brothers" pack behavior...so yeah, they get stereotyped because they bought into the stereotype. )

In another thread, people are talking about Harley pricing, which is dropping on the used market....I think that's not just "the economy" but demographic shift as well.

Great Merch Marketing though...I wish Honda would get some better merchandising going on....they've totally missed the boat at Hondaline....they should license it out to Roots.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

Honda makes a superior quality product in every segment it does business in...if you want a top-notch generator, you want a Honda...lawnmower? Honda....outboard motor? Honda....cars, motorcycles, ATV's, power equipment...everything Honda makes is reliable and represents excellent value.
Jets, you forgot the Jets! and the power of Dreams.

a pretty bad a** looking jet, chromed out too, lol

Attachments

41 - 60 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.