Honda Shadow Forums banner
141 - 160 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
My wife's 1975 Ford Granada. Only 120,000 miles on it.

My 1985 Ford E-350 Custom conversion van. Also has 120,000 miles on it. But, with the 460 cid engine, it sucks gas like there's no tomorrow.

We get razzed all the time. But, they just keep running.
________

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #143 ·
No need to get rid of something if it still runs good and you like it. The best thing of all is its probably paid for.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Halifax I have been nothing but nice. The cold hard truth is your an *******. You have nothing better to do then harass me on here. Get A Life.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Banned
605 Posts
It's been a slice; thanks for stopping by to show us the brochure photos of the Harley you say you're buying.

Halifax I have been nothing but nice. The cold hard truth is your an *******. You have nothing better to do then harass me on here. Get A Life.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. If the sky is blue and you say the sky is blue, some people will argue that it’s purple. No point in discussing with a person who has to have the last word. Enjoy the ride. As you can see, many members own a variety of brands and they haven’t let anyone run them off yet. Let us know how you like the bike.

·
Banned
605 Posts
You're right...Harley apologists are virtually impossible to discuss anything with...the Facts make them angry.

They should all bugger off to the HD Forum.

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts
You're right...Harley apologists are virtually impossible to discuss anything with...the Facts make them angry.

They should all bugger off to the HD Forum.
Or it could be the fact that someone who goes from posting this:

Honda makes a superior quality product in every segment it does business in...if you want a top-notch generator, you want a Honda...lawnmower? Honda....outboard motor? Honda....cars, motorcycles, ATV's, power equipment...everything Honda makes is reliable and represents excellent value.
To this:

Drink your Kool-Aid.
in 36 minutes and can't see the irony in his own posts is a little hard to take seriously..

·
Banned
605 Posts
can't see the irony in his own posts is a little hard to take seriously..

Facts are facts and throughout this thread you haven't advanced any.

The fact is that HD's TC motor is something of a dud. Not their best work.

HD owners here are loathe to accept that...but it doesn't change the facts.

Go have a look at the HD Forums sometime...I've used it as a source for work-arounds and various common issues with Harleys for years...there's TONS of detailed Tech Info there.

By comparison...this Honda Shadow forum doesn't have NEARLY the in-depth tech info the HD Forums have.

Why? Simple...there's virtually nothing of significance that ever goes wrong with a Honda V-Twin.

Personal Insults.
You and a few others, Harley owners for the most part, have called me a few schoolgirl names in this thread, but beyond that haven't said much that has been worthy of note.

Kool-Aid. Harley Davidson are marketing geniuses. That wasn't always true...
- The 1st time Honda nearly bankrupted HD, AMF was the Rescuer.
- The 2nd time Honda nearly bankrupted HD, US Govt Taxes were the Rescuer.
- The 3rd time Honda nearly bankrupted HD, internal management looked to the Marysville Plant and Toyota's JIT processes to get on track.

That's when HD decided to bridge the gap with the whole Retro Drink the Brotherhood Koolaid Nothing is like a Harley approach.

And despite the allegations of Stock Price manipulation, creative Financing and Inventory voodoo since then, HD is still around....the KoolAid has influence an entire generation of Americans that a Harley davidson motorcycle is the best there is...which is a gigantic lie, but if y'all wanna pretend you're livin' your life like cowboys in a Bon Jovi video, hey, drink up, buttercup, but keep in mind there are lots of people, lots and lots and lots, who think that stuff is 50 Shades of Gay (in the Southpark way).

Irony. When I point out Honda's leading position in the Global Motorcycle industry versus the junk Harley sells (almost exclusively) to Americans and suggest to HD Owners they ought to go hang out at the HD Forum where the "true believers" are...that's not ironic, that's just good sense. What IS ironic are a bunch of HD owners hanging out on a Honda Shadow Forum...and having the NERVE to get their panties in a twist when a Honda Owner trots out the Facts about your inferior motorcycle.

Bike vs You. You are not your bike, so when I point out your Harleys are not nearly as reliable or well-engineered as my Hondas...that's not about you, you see. It's about that lump in your driveway. When you reply with childish "insults" (yo momma!)...you're actually saying a lot more about yourself than me.

I hope this helps clear things up for you and the other brain-stunted HD owners in the house.

:p <---this is a smiley; it's an internet thingy used to let you know I'm laughing at you.

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts

The fact is that HD's TC motor is something of a dud. Not their best work.

HD owners here are loathe to accept that...but it doesn't change the facts.

Go have a look at the HD Forums sometime...I've used it as a source for work-arounds and various common issues with Harleys for years...there's TONS of detailed Tech Info there.

By comparison...this Honda Shadow forum doesn't have NEARLY the in-depth tech info the HD Forums have.

Why? Simple...there's virtually nothing of significance that ever goes wrong with a Honda V-Twin.

Personal Insults.
You and a few others, Harley owners for the most part, have called me a few schoolgirl names in this thread, but beyond that haven't said much that has been worthy of note.

Kool-Aid. Harley Davidson are marketing geniuses. That wasn't always true...
- The 1st time Honda nearly bankrupted HD, AMF was the Rescuer.
- The 2nd time Honda nearly bankrupted HD, US Govt Taxes were the Rescuer.
- The 3rd time Honda nearly bankrupted HD, internal management looked to the Marysville Plant and Toyota's JIT processes to get on track.

That's when HD decided to bridge the gap with the whole Retro Drink the Brotherhood Koolaid Nothing is like a Harley approach.

And despite the allegations of Stock Price manipulation, creative Financing and Inventory voodoo since then, HD is still around....the KoolAid has influence an entire generation of Americans that a Harley davidson motorcycle is the best there is...which is a gigantic lie, but if y'all wanna pretend you're livin' your life like cowboys in a Bon Jovi video, hey, drink up, buttercup, but keep in mind there are lots of people, lots and lots and lots, who think that stuff is 50 Shades of Gay (in the Southpark way).

Irony. When I point out Honda's leading position in the Global Motorcycle industry versus the junk Harley sells (almost exclusively) to Americans and suggest to HD Owners they ought to go hang out at the HD Forum where the "true believers" are...that's not ironic, that's just good sense. What IS ironic are a bunch of HD owners hanging out on a Honda Shadow Forum...and having the NERVE to get their panties in a twist when a Honda Owner trots out the Facts about your inferior motorcycle.

Bike vs You. You are not your bike, so when I point out your Harleys are not nearly as reliable or well-engineered as my Hondas...that's not about you, you see. It's about that lump in your driveway. When you reply with childish "insults" (yo momma!)...you're actually saying a lot more about yourself than me.

I hope this helps clear things up for you and the other brain-stunted HD owners in the house.

:p <---this is a smiley; it's an internet thingy used to let you know I'm laughing at you.
Again with the soapbox reply that sounds like a google search. Still no actual experience. You've gone from the "Harley is junk" kick to "I really DO like Harleys" and back again to many times to count in this thread alone. Make up your mind. You're right though, to think that "Honda nearly bankrupted HD" 3x all by itself is the very definition of "Kool-Aid".

And again, what is it about someone owning a Harley that makes them not allowed on this(apparently your) forum when they still own a Shadow?

Oh and let's not forget,
<---this is also a smiley; it's an internet thingy used to let you know that I don't give a $hit. Someday you'll come to the realization that the world is laughing at you, not with you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Thanks and I will. If I can tare myself away from it when I finally pick it up. I will though.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Again with the soapbox reply that sounds like a google search. Still no actual experience. You've gone from the "Harley is junk" kick to "I really DO like Harleys" and back again to many times to count in this thread alone. Make up your mind. You're right though, to think that "Honda nearly bankrupted HD" 3x all by itself is the very definition of "Kool-Aid".

And again, what is it about someone owning a Harley that makes them not allowed on this(apparently your) forum when they still own a Shadow?

Oh and let's not forget,
<---this is also a smiley; it's an internet thingy used to let you know that I don't give a $hit. Someday you'll come to the realization that the world is laughing at you, not with you.
actually Honda did nearly bankrupt Harley, they had help though from Suzuki and Yamaha, they did it by selling low ball bikes at below cost, the same thing they did in England before..All the bikes mentioned btw have great models..now.. but where are all those old Hondas? Oh right..poor manufacturing and cheap materials have made the majority of the rides from Jap invasion useless except for the occasional roadside mail boxes.. even the slipshod production values of the AMF Harleys could not kill those models, owners simply worked around the factory flaws and made better bikes out of them..something one could not do with the majority of those old jap bikes of the early to mid sixties.. thing is when you stat talking about this stuff, you should know what you are talking about and the context of it.. it too Honda a LONG LONG time to become a viable contender with Harley, and now they both sit there with good bikes to offer, so instead of bashing most logical folks..JUST RIDE THEIR OWN RIDE.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts

6 Reasons Why You Never Need
to Win an Argument

1. You can never technically “win”

2. Arguing perpetuates conflict

3. The legal system is based on arbitration

4. No one can argue against feelings

5. No one can argue against needs

6. Trying to control another person’s opinion oversteps both their boundaries and yours

Yes, facts are facts, but we are forgetting one very important fact. WE ARE HUMAN! Do we really believe it's just about the bikes?

·
Registered
369 Posts
5k views, 157 posts all bescause a guy bought an HD that he liked. Its amazing how one post can start a post war. He got an HD. So what. All I can do is leave this thread smdh.
Op enjoy the bike. I really like the way it looks.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
5k views, 157 posts all bescause a guy bought an HD that he liked. Its amazing how one post can start a post war. He got an HD. So what. All I can do is leave this thread smdh.
Op enjoy the bike. I really like the way it looks.

actually all this because someone decided to bash someone elses purchase

·
Registered
2001 1100C
886 Posts
actually Honda did nearly bankrupt Harley, they had help though from Suzuki and Yamaha, they did it by selling low ball bikes at below cost, the same thing they did in England before..All the bikes mentioned btw have great models..now.. but where are all those old Hondas? Oh right..poor manufacturing and cheap materials have made the majority of the rides from Jap invasion useless except for the occasional roadside mail boxes.. even the slipshod production values of the AMF Harleys could not kill those models, owners simply worked around the factory flaws and made better bikes out of them..something one could not do with the majority of those old jap bikes of the early to mid sixties.. thing is when you stat talking about this stuff, you should know what you are talking about and the context of it.. it too Honda a LONG LONG time to become a viable contender with Harley, and now they both sit there with good bikes to offer, so instead of bashing most logical folks..JUST RIDE THEIR OWN RIDE.

That's my point Dave, they didn't do it all by themselves as halifax would like to have everyone believe. I'm not putting down Honda in any way, I know they make a great bike, I've owned more than one, and still do. I just don't think one manufacturer is superior to all others, they've all got their strong points, and weaknesses.

141 - 160 of 197 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.