Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel stupid.. I just got the 2002 Honda ACE 750cc. I want to put a battery tender charger on it cause battery is sorta dead from cold I think I am not sure that's why I am putting it on.. OR Want to put it on..

I have a passenger seat and in reading the manual I have to take the both seats off by taking unscrewing the rear bolt of the passenger seat to get to the Front Seat to get to the battery.. I have taken off the rear bolt but cant get the rear seat off.. :( What am i doing wrong??

Is there an easier way to get to the battery without going through all the hassel of taking bolts and stuff off. Or do i have to go and take both seats off to get to battery..

I need a solution..Helppp!!!!! Sorry for feeling to stupid :oops:

·
Registered
318 Posts
You do have to take both seats off to get to the battery. You can, however, hook up pig tails to the battery that will hang down below the seat, allowing you to quickly plug in your battery tender in seconds without taking off the seat.

After taking off that rear bolt that holds on the back of your passenger seat, the back end of the seat will be free. The sissy bar pad might get in the way of you pulling it off, but if you pull it towards the rear and wiggle it free from where it's hooked on in the front, it will release. Then, there's one bolt holding on the front seat. Remove it and you're there.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
628 Posts
On mine, once the rear bolt on the pillion is off, I need to push the pillion firmly forward, lifting it at the same time. You will feel it "unhook". Then pull it rearward to remove it. The first time or two you do it it is tricky, but once you understand how it works, it will become very easy. Good luck.

·
Registered
106 Posts
12 Volt Deltran Battery Tender Junior. It comes with the pigtail for the battery. Hook the pigtail to the battery' then all you do is plug the tender into the pigtail.

G

·
0 Posts
shroomhead said:
On mine, once the rear bolt on the pillion is off, I need to push the pillion firmly forward
Getting the pillion seat off is a little tricky. Like shroomhead said you have to push very firmly forward until it unhooks from the bolt. Once you get the pillion seat off the rest is pretty easy.

·
Registered
42 Posts
battery on bike

Battery Tender is the way to go! Once you get the pigtail hooked up, you just plug her in and forget about it. Full charge all the time and it won't fry your batt. Great peace of mind! Good luck!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
heck of place for battery..my 1110 spirit comes out side real easy.this does not help you..

i dont leave my battery in cold in winter, i take it out and put it in basement, then charge it every month,i dont let a tender on it for 3 months..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts