Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. This is my first post and I know I should provide a picture but I don't have one yet.

I just purchased my first bike about 2 weeks ago a 2006 Aero in candy orange and black. It has been sitting in my garage for 14 days and driving me crazy. I took the time yesterday to go get my permit. I was not planning to ride but the permit was still hot off the machine and I just could not take it. I fully intended to ride to the end of the street and back but 20 min later I returned home with a stupid grin on my face. It was a nice February day by Wisconsin standards low 30's and there was sand all over the street so I had to take it slow. I have some experiance in my younger years with dirt bikes and mini bikes so this is not a completly new thing to me. I was cautious and just drove around my house keeping it at 25 or below. What a great time. I now understand the enjoyment all of you have of riding.

Now to take the MSF and get through the rest of the winter (expecting up to 16 inches of snow in the next 3 days) and I will have it made.

Looking foward to learning alot here.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Welcome aboard, all of us that live in the portion of America that has winter are suffering from cabin fever, but, riding season is just around the corner. :wink:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Welcome also to ; :wink: Congrats on your new bike and back to riding.MSF will help you stay safe and enjoy the joy of bikes. Good luck. Come on spring.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
grengar said:
I now understand the enjoyment all of you have of riding.
Au contraire mon amie, you've only seen the very tip of the iceburg. Welcome to the forum and let us know what you think a year from now.

Happy Trails!

sanoke

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
ponyboy1995 said:
Paulie,

I just notice that your from Claymont, DE. I am from Newark, DE.
To bad I was not on this forum when I lived in the area. I would have had a riding partner. However, now I am able to ride all year long! No winter here.

Joe
I've only been in De. for 5 years. I'm here by way of Ohio and West Va. There are alot of board members around here, I just haven't met any of them yet. :lol:

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Welcome Grengar! It's hard to leave it sit, I know. I had to get out a few times this week too, even with 30ish temps. You have some snow coming your way too. We're suppose to get the biggest storm of the year later today and tomorrow. Looks like about a foot of snow and some more next week (dammit) and I just got the driveway all nice and dry, ready for takeoff!

·
Registered
859 Posts
Welcome. Just think when the snow is gone and the sun is out a little longer you will be a permament fixture on your Aero. Ride safe and have fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was hoping I could put away the snow blower but I have lived through enough winters here to know that I should leave it out through at least April or May. :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
grengar said:
I was hoping I could put away the snow blower but I have lived through enough winters here to know that I should leave it out through at least April or May. :D
Where are you in Wisconsin? Maybe if you're close you could come snow blow my driveway :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts