Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was sleeping taking a Nap today and Ring, Ring, Ring.

Didn't even take the call, just rolled over. Curiosity got me and i got up... He's up, He's up!

It was a message from a Representative for Mother's paint and chrome care products (trying so hard not to say Car).
He's asked me to be in a Show they are having in the next town, he said he would buff out my saddlebags and work on some swirl marks on my bike FOR FREE. Basically asked if I wanted to get my Bike buffed, polished and waxed all day by a Mother's Rep FOR FREE LOL.

He called from a show in Vegas and he was heading back right after midnight to to the Show in Apache Junction tomorrow.

So there you go I am going to be sitting in a booth watching my Bike get totally detailed. I went out and washed my Bike really good right after we talked, it was dirty.
But I didnt Wax it or polish it. I have some very light scratches or swirl marks in my clear coat on the top of the tank and the saddle bag being black has some of the same. I'll be happy if that goes away.

You know i'll take pics.

isn't that something.... got me off my ass anyway.

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
That doesn't happen every day, pretty cool! Definitely want to see pics of that.. ;)

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That doesn't happen every day, pretty cool! Definitely want to see pics of that.. ;)
Camera batteries are in the charger (Duracell of course).

I dont know how large this show is, not as big as we imagine i bet, Apache Junction is a small western town.

Harley Davidson has a HUGE dealership that opened in AJ a few years back,
its like a major district retail service and training center, never seen a bigger building and grounds for a Dealership, Car or Bike.

Anyway, not sure how many sparkly Harley's are going to be there.... lol
Hope they don't run me out of town .... LOL

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was sleeping taking a Nap today and Ring, Ring, Ring.

Didn't even take the call, just rolled over. Curiosity got me and i got up... He's up, He's up!

It was a message from a Representative for Mother's paint and chrome care products (trying so hard not to say Car).
He's asked me to be in a Show they are having in the next town, he said he would buff out my saddlebags and work on some swirl marks on my bike FOR FREE. Basically asked if I wanted to get my Bike buffed, polished and waxed all day by a Mother's Rep FOR FREE LOL.

He called from a show in Vegas and he was heading back right after midnight to to the Show in Apache Junction tomorrow.

So there you go I am going to be sitting in a booth watching my Bike get totally detailed. I went out and washed my Bike really good right after we talked, it was dirty.
But I didnt Wax it or polish it. I have some very light scratches or swirl marks in my clear coat on the top of the tank and the saddle bag being black has some of the same. I'll be happy if that goes away.

You know i'll take pics.

isn't that something.... got me off my ass anyway.

Ok, it's not exactly a "Show"...

It's a Mother's sponsored vehicle detailing "Booth" "Tent" at an outdoor event in Apache Junction. In a Parking lot of a retail strip mall.

How big of event, I don't know. But they said they would do paint corrections on my Bike and saddlebags and polish the chrome for free.
Downside is i need to be there at 7am tomorrow.... lol

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Rep called me at 6:30 this morning and apologized saying that the people running the Car Show told him that he would not be able to work on Motorcycles during the show.
He said they didn't want the noise of buffers etc.

Of course I was totally polite and said i understand and that it was alright when i really thought WTF is this some kind of joke.

He told me he would still do my bike at some time and i told him thats ok, you need to make money, don't worry about it.

How embarrassing

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
Embarrassing for him.. A little unprofessional too.

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
know you had to be disappointed. dang
Yeah, didn't see that coming.

The part i hated most was having to tell you guys what happened, it was embarrassing.

Ended up detailing the Bike today and buffed out the swirl marks on the top of my Tank and on the saddlebags myself using Meguiar's X 2.0 and a Harbor freight lightweight buffer. Worked really good.
Polished every bit of Chrome and waxed the Bike.

Took it for a Twilight Ride to get Coffee at the Store and noticed several people turning heads.

· Premium Member
3,352 Posts
No need to feel embarrassed.....I would have been just as elated at that offer :mrgreen:, and just as bummed out :-x.

But....look what it caused you to accomplish :lol:.

· Banned
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
No need to feel embarrassed.....I would have been just as elated at that offer :mrgreen:, and just as bummed out :-x.

But....look what it caused you to accomplish :lol:.
Exactly lol

i can pretty much guarantee you that had it not happened i would NOT have gotten up at 6:15am this morning and detailed my bike :lol:

Maybe the "Mothers Guy" was channeling my Mom from heaven.... the whole thing was about that strange.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.