Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

SLY B, your's trully and a good friend loaded up our dirt bikes today and headed to Surry, VA and Slade Park. Slade Park is home to acres of many trails and tracks for dirt bikes and atvs and is open to the public for a $15/day fee.

This was really the first time SLY and I have done any serious dirt riding before and let me tell ya, it was a blast. We rode on terrain today that I never would have previously thought possible and I loved it. Dirt Rocks!

I learned what a helmet is for today when I was tooling around one of the tracks and my bike got away from me on some bumpy terrain. I think I should have been standing up at the time.

When she got loose on me, I hit head first, but fortunately my helmet did it's job. It gave me a nice little jolt, but I sustained no head damage.

My chest protector must have been a little loose, cos it rode up and clothes-lined me across the throat. It hurts a little when I swallow, but I think I'll be fine.

Once I shook off my fall, I got back on my bike and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. The park is a great place to ride.

I was a little surprised by the workout that I got from riding. We were starving when we were finished, so we stopped by the famous Surrey House for a traditional Virginia meal.

Now, we have returned and are recovering. It was a great day. :D

·
Registered
32 Posts
hey

my son and me have a couple of old dirt bikes and we go out to bremen GA and there is a motocross track there and we have a blast. there is a place about 1 hour away that we can trail ride and it is also a blast.

ride and ride often. it cures many things

mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
vintage b,
indeed,off-raod riding is great excerise. i have been to slades. ran the hangover race ther in 2006 but both my kids were sick this year on new years so we stayed home.i race scrambles as do both of my kids.

motorcycling,it`s a great family sport :D

since you are a virginia boy,and like off roading,you may find some useful stuff here www.vchss.org

1 - 3 of 3 Posts