Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 38 degrees and wind gusts over 25 mph but that didn't stop me. I leather'd up and got the Sabre out for a nice little ride!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
supv26 said:
It was 38 degrees and wind gusts over 25 mph but that didn't stop me. I leather'd up and got the Sabre out for a nice little ride!
Damn...looks like more leather than man there.

Glad you got out and had your first ride of the year. My first ride won't happen until Wednesday...but it is supposed to be 57...so I don't mind waiting. :D I would go riding today if I didn't have my kids over the holiday.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Woo-Hoo! I'm going a little later...promised my wife I'd help get the Christmas decorations down first. It's not that cold here...low fifties, 10-15 MPH winds was the forecast, and it's cloudy... all in all not a bad day to ride.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Wooo Hooo! :D I was able to put a few kilometers on those cold tires!
Roads are mostly dry.. sun was shining... and everyone else was still in bed..too bad for them!
When I dressed up about noon,, it was 7 degree Celsius = 44.6 degree Fahrenheit, and the last km before the garage.. it started to cloud over and rain. I passed quite a few THD coffee shops http://timhortons.com/ with 2 bikes here, no bikes there.. and a few passed on the road.. single riders,, the most excited wave I got was from a couple riding 2 up.. both waved with so much enthusiasm, they almost fell over! :lol:
I tried my xmas presents.. lined jeans over longs johns , with the chaps. I don't have a face mask yet.. so I did the red barron style scarf. It worked well as it is really quite warm for southern Ontario Canada!

Here's to all (_)? Cheers!
Have a safe and FUN year ahead!
Jamie

·
Registered
865 Posts
Here in WV it was 50's and partly sunny. Sweat pants under jeans, and my new leather jacket, and all was good. This is the first time ever I rode in January. :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did the New Years Eve ride !
Just family stuff today .

Jack

·
Registered
249 Posts
When ya got the gear its just as much fun riding now as Summer. I got my last of 06' in yesterday,i'll get my 1st 07 in tommorrow.I just installed a new windshield,it makes it even more enjoyable. I have to
go clean out the shop,drag car & parts along with tools everywhere.
There's not enough room to get the bike in yet. Gotta get off here 1st.

Enjoy every ride,besides who wants wait months,to try out what the Fat man, brought. I'm waiting on my horn yet, been shipped.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I went out twice today:

o 9:30am -- 42 degrees and overcast. I learned something about myself ... I'm a complete wuss. I'm the anti-Sanoke. 30 miles and I was done.

o 12:30pm -- 55 degrees and sunny. Ahhhh ... much better.

It seems my "comfort threshold" is somewhere around 50 - 55 degrees. Much below that and with the gear I have (completely unheated) it's just not fun.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Breezy, overcaste, temperature in the 40's not the weather I was expecting but I got a nice ride in. Tommorrow back to work.

Benny

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
TucsonDon said:
I went out twice today:

o 9:30am -- 42 degrees and overcast. I learned something about myself ... I'm a complete wuss. I'm the anti-Sanoke. 30 miles and I was done.

o 12:30pm -- 55 degrees and sunny. Ahhhh ... much better.

It seems my "comfort threshold" is somewhere around 50 - 55 degrees. Much below that and with the gear I have (completely unheated) it's just not fun.
Well as soon as you get that heated gear you will be riding all year round, by the way it don't get cold in AZ :roll:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I never figured Motorcycling would become a Winter Sport in Canada.

I too went out for a New Year's ride.
Last January, we had a Friday the 13th. I made that as well. I haven't seen Glen since. If anyone finds a tall guy, kinda gangly with a Grey 'Wing. let me know.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well, I didn't end up making it out for a ride New Year's Day after all. However, I did ride my bike to work today, and had a new experience at 10pm tonight when I was ready to ride home... I had to scrape frost off my seat and headlight. I wish I knew where my neck warmer thing is.. the underside of my chin is all that got cold.

Technical Question: Can I damage my headlight bulb by letting the heat melt the frost off the headlight? I am afraid that the frost will reflect light/heat back in and blow the bulb, like the package says oil will do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts