Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the recent passing of our good friends and fellow members, I was wondering if we shouldn't each make sure that this community is notified when someone has had a wreck or expired. The way I thought is to provide a few close friends (or spouse) with a list of usernames/passwords for the various forums/clubs or even email addresses of friends online so that the word can be gotten out. This way, we know what has hwppened to our forum friends and can lend the appripriate support/prayers as needed.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
My fiance knows my username and the password and I told him to post if I ever have an accident if I'm not able to. Hmmm, I hope he doesn't post anything under my name. lol!

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,878 Posts
A very good idea indeed Joe, thanks for suggesting it.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
+1 for me. I think that is a great idea. It seems that most members consider this a very “close” forum and I for one, would like my wife to notify everybody of my passing especially if on a bike and also describe the circumstances so that other might learn from it or be able to avoid what finally took me out. :cry:

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
A few members, like Willie, will always have my phone number. Hopefully someone would call and find out what's going on if I don't post for a long period of time.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Great idea, you have mine and would be notified of such. Hopefully not for a veeery long time.

·
Banned
4,110 Posts
When I kick off from the inevitable heart attack this job will give me, Paulie will let ya'll know.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
chornbe said:
When I kick off from the inevitable heart attack this job will give me, Paulie will let ya'll know.
Yep, I'll post and let you know as soon as I kill him, ah er.... he passes away. :lol:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I plan on taking the bike & possibly A laptop with me :wink:

That is A good idea

Jack

·
Registered
418 Posts
A good idea. Its one of those things that one should never have to deal with, but a good idea.

·
Registered
227 Posts
onephsyco1 said:
I plan on taking the bike & possibly A laptop with me :wink:

That is A good idea

Jack
I'm sure my ISP is from Hell anyway so I should have no problem.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Not intentionally, but I have that covered on this forum as well as the Vulcan forum I visit. My brother and I are members of each and should be able to alert everyone to any news of interest. I keep the user name and password saved on the Virago forum, so my better half can log onto that one.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I auto log-in on most of the computers in the house...
So the wife can do what she wants, if she wants. I won't care, too much...
Honestly, though, I don't know that it'll be too high on her priority list.
(She'll be too busy looking for the insurance check!)

Oh yeah, I will apoligize in advance for the post that says this...
aladfskh;.asdjgh;ajklsgfh[ipr4htobntojkarsgtakljnhatgsr[iogtoatg[oiarbtg[iobtrosibt[oibtg[ortb[roitb[rsotgsr[tgobstg[obsrtgouibrg[tiobrgibgroigbrogbr
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
But that just means that one of the twins (age 4) is saying hi!

This reminds of the post that Paul's (whataboutmynachos) wife made.
NH Bigfoot seemed like a good guy, too. Sorry to see them pass.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Lisa said:
A few members, like Willie, will always have my phone number. Hopefully someone would call and find out what's going on if I don't post for a long period of time.
same here.

over the years there have been members that jsut stopped posting all of the sudden. i've often wondered if anything happened to them.

Lisa, i just PM'd you my number so i can go international! :D

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
mountain bike mike said:
Lisa said:
same here.

over the years there have been members that jsut stopped posting all of the sudden. i've often wondered if anything happened to them.

Lisa, i just PM'd you my number so i can go international! :D
Cool! You now have mine too :D

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would bet 80% of our spouses or love ones know our sign in name and what this site is about. Ever heard the saying " Are you on that again " Better hope my spouse is in the 20% and doesn't read this . I think it is a grand I dear as OTC would say.Too often things slip by us in our busy lives, we neeed to wake up and notice. chow

1 - 17 of 17 Posts