Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!
I just sold my 1994 Shadow VLX 600 and took home a 2007 Shadow Spirit 1100. I love it! But noticed a couple of things.

First Picture: On the left handlebar is this (sorry for the blur). Was that for a cup holder or something? Looks like the wrong angle for that.
Second Picture: I checked the toolkit and found this. Anyone know what those were originally? I'm guessing they added something and took those off? And I'm guessing I'm missing some original tools.

·
Registered
144 Posts
There looks to be a name on that handlebar thing. You might try an ebay search in the motorcycle section.
In the other photo, I recognize the wrench and the rubber strap tool kit hold-down, but not those parts......

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,453 Posts
Maybe a full pic of bike? It's mandatory! ;)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two other things:

1. I only have one key and would really like a spare. The key has B27 stamped on it. After doing some googling, it seems the best way is to buy a blank online and then find a local key shop to cut the blank? Is that correct?

2. I'm looking at saddlebags and think I've settled on Viking bags. I'm not worried about installing the bags, but the turn signals need to be moved back and there are several reviews complaining that the remount kit included with the bags didn't work. Does anyone have experience with the Viking bag turn signal remount kit?

Weather is getting warmer! Can't wait!

Thanks for any advice!

Matt

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,442 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Two other things:

1. I only have one key and would really like a spare. The key has B27 stamped on it. After doing some googling, it seems the best way is to buy a blank online and then find a local key shop to cut the blank? Is that correct?

2. I'm looking at saddlebags and think I've settled on Viking bags. I'm not worried about installing the bags, but the turn signals need to be moved back and there are several reviews complaining that the remount kit included with the bags didn't work. Does anyone have experience with the Viking bag turn signal remount kit?

Weather is getting warmer! Can't wait!

Thanks for any advice!

Matt
Nice scoot and hope you love it as much as I've loved mine! On my first 2000 VT1100C I put on a set of Willie & Max Compact Slant Saddlebags (now Dennis Kirk Item #505932) along with a set of aftermarket brackets that stood out a little more from the wheel. Very basic, not for everyone, not hard bags, not the largest or best you can get by any means, but they held more than I needed, kept everything dry and clean and didn't require I move the signals at all - pushed rather tight up against them but worked fine. I wanted functionality more than anything else without being junk or looking bad. Might not be what you're looking for but an easy install that doesn't require any mods if you just want to be able to carry some minor stuff. Sat nice and tight against the bike and fit right into the lines of the bike. That luggage rack is a real help as well - I've had it on both Spirits and it's been a great addition. Hope you love whatever you get!

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,890 Posts
Look at my sig pic. My bags are Viking. They are hard, very big, lockable and I personally think they fit the bike very well. The relocation bracket I had to modify a little. I flipped the bracket so my turn signals are in front of the license plate and I had to extend the wires. Hopefully the pic shows how I did the bracket well enough. BTW the tool kit belongs in the right side cover where the key lock is. The only usable too really is the spark plug socket and spanner wrench for the rear shocks. The rest is crap.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,453 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
The only two things that look like they were part of the OEM tool kit are the...
10/12mm wrench, and the
rubber strap that holds the tool kit bag in its holder.

Everything else looks like random parts for accessories.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3
2,222 Posts
Beahahahahaha... Agreed! Who TF needs coffee on a bike?
I'm a no tunes, wind in the face type of rider and somewhat of a minimalist, but I can see such a thing would come in handy at the coffee drive thru, and would work really well in combination with doughnut spike bar ends.

·
Registered
1995 VT1100C2
3,337 Posts
Nobody said the holder was for coffee. Likely gimballed so no spill unless at 60 degrees lean. Sure you can fill a camelbak with beer but you still need a roadie. (Of course for when you have reached your destination)

G.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Any good key shop should have a blank key. It just won't say "Honda". It also won't be nearly as expensive. I had a couple made at local locksmith shop for ol ladys shadow. It didn't have much of a tool kit either so i looked on ebay and found plenty of complete tool kits cheap. A 2008 Shadow 750 came with hardly any tools.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts