Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to ride to work this morning. It was 24 on the ride in and the high today is only 43, but I just could not stand it anymore. I had not ridden the bike since Sunday and it was just killing me. Now I can sit back and listed to all the wise cracks I get from my co-workers as they show up for work and see the bike next to the building.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Thanks CBOLLING I'm not depressed enough.

·
Registered
622 Posts
CBOLLING said:
I just had to ride to work this morning. It was 24 on the ride in and the high today is only 43, but I just could not stand it anymore. I had not ridden the bike since Sunday and it was just killing me. Now I can sit back and listed to all the wise cracks I get from my co-workers as they show up for work and see the bike next to the building.
Hah! 24 might be the high temp today! Don't mind the temperature too much but its the ice thats on the road thats the buzz kill!

And not to mention the the 2 inch thick chunks of ice that fly off the big trucks out on the interstates. Saw some wicked accidents yesturday around the Washington, DC beltway.

Bruce

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I haven't ridden my bike since the end of Nov because of the *&^%# salt on our roads. Temps weren't really all that bad until a month ago. We've been in the deep freezer ever since :evil:
However, not being able to ride for 4 to 5 months of the year has certain advantages :lol:
by the time April rolls around my trusty old steed will feel like a new to me bike and I can start my love affair with it all over again. :D

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Here in Texas, the weather normally cooperates during the winter months, but not so good this year. We had a nice ride two weeks ago, but only a few miles since, and those were cold. We are experiencing some withdrawal.

Call us a "fair weather" rider, but we fing anything below 50F to be too cold to enjoy much. And we avoid any precipitation altogether.

Tomorrow (mid 50'sF) and Sunday (60F) promise some opportunities, which we fully intend to take advantage of.

We trudge on (in anticipation).

[/img]

·
Registered
294 Posts
I haven't rode since the end of Nov either, It was starting to cool off, and I had to get my rear fender out to get worked on. But In december it was bugging me because there was some really warm days for us here in Canada.

Looks like I still got about 2 months to go before I'll be out again, Hopefully the salt will to done away with by then.

·
Registered
249 Posts
My LAST ride was Dec 31st,i haven't had my New Yeard ride yet,come ON early Spring.

·
Registered
365 Posts
ashadowrider said:
My hats off to ya dude.
I have done that one time, but that was so very long ago (1970).
Now, I have a hard time convincing my self that 60 degs is warm. :lol:
Hey, if it were 60 degrees here right now, I'd be riding around naked!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I ride every day I can.. Many times it's in the 20s in the morning and 40s in the afternoon. Coldest was 19 in the morning,,, and yep, that was pretty darn chilly.... But with the right gear, it's not too bad... Heated grips are a lifesaver!!!! And yea, I ride 30 miles each way!!! When you have motivation of not only riding, but the cost savings from 15 mpg to 55, it really makes it worth it...

·
Registered
225 Posts
i look at the theromstat on the house before i leave. and i verify with the thermostat on the bike.

if it says 40 or more, I'm in the wind.

i don't have any of that nifty heated gear ...just regular jeans, a mid weight jacket, a pair of "mechanix" gloves, and my CL-max....

but then, I only have a ten minute commute.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I rode Saturday. Usually get a chance once or twice a week here in the Northwest. Can be brisk, but it's o.k. for running around town. One of the advantages of living here....weather rarely extreme. Starting to look like spring a bit so full time riding is not far off. I commute by bus in bad weather, which is o.k., but much more fun to go to work on the bike. What a way to start a day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts