Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
3,217 Posts
I haven't hit the rev limiter on my '07 Aero 750, and I've had her up to 85mph on the interstate!

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
I wind mine up and only hit the limiter a coupla times ;)
That was when "Drag Racing" someone from a STOP..

NOT Really Drag Racing, Merely 'Keeping up' with BIG Engine Bikes...;)

I wouldn`t do ANYTHING Illegal,
Dennis

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
2,889 Posts
I wind mine up and only hit the limiter a coupla times ;)
That was when "Drag Racing" someone from a STOP..

NOT Really Drag Racing, Merely 'Keeping up' with BIG Engine Bikes...;)

Dennis
We're all innocent (law abiding citizens) that's why we ride shadows. They are quiet, underpowered and won't go over the speedlimit. It's just the nature of the machine, please officer, it's the bikes fault.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
Dennis

My story & I`m stickin to it

·
Registered
2003 VT1100C Spirit
1,190 Posts
Don't know if I've ever hit the limiter on the Spirit or the Valkyrie.

This is not the Spirit, but the pic has a story...
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

So, the story is that I had attended a weekend ride in Fredericksburg, TX with a bunch of other Valkyrie riders. We used to call it the "Texas Ride In." Anyway, on that Sunday morning I left the motel before sunup to make my son's early baseball game which was a couple of hours away. An empty highway, a beautiful sunrise and a speed trap in a small town resulted in this picture.

When the trooper asked if there was a reason I was speeding, I told him about the baseball game. He gave me a warning! :D

·
Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
384 Posts

View attachment 302401

So, the story is that I had attended a weekend ride in Fredericksburg, TX with a bunch of other Valkyrie riders. We used to call it the "Texas Ride In." Anyway, on that Sunday morning I left the motel before sunup to make my son's early baseball game which was a couple of hours away. An empty highway, a beautiful sunrise and a speed trap in a small town resulted in this picture.

When the trooper asked if there was a reason I was speeding, I told him about the baseball game. He gave me a warning! :D
Dennis

My story & I`m stickin to it
To both of these.... reminds me of the old Jim Carey movie Liar Liar.... with the cop scene...
Cop: Do you know why I pulled you over?
Biker: Depends on how long you've been following me.

lol

·
Registered
3,030 Posts

View attachment 302401

Man I always love those Valkrie's. Really enjoyed riding my friends. My only complaint was sitting behind that big wind screen and with the bike running so smooth I never had the actual sensation of riding a bike. I don't think there's a smoother ride out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts