Honda Shadow Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my wife was out with some of her girlfriends last night for one of their birthdays. They went to Perkins (a 24 hour breakfast joint) where another couple was sitting all decked out in Harley wear.

My wife was wearing a leather jacket (the fashion kind, not the riding kind) when the Harley guy asks her if she wears that while she rides. Here is how the conversation went:

Harley Guy: Do you ride with that jacket?
Wife: No.
HG: Do you ride at all?
W: No, but my husband does.
HG: Oh yeah, what does he ride?
W: A Honda Shadow
HG: (scoffs) That ain't no real bike.
W: At least it runs, unlike Harleys.

I've never been more proud of her.

· Registered
2,408 Posts
So, my wife was out with some of her girlfriends last night for one of their birthdays. They went to Perkins (a 24 hour breakfast joint) where another couple was sitting all decked out in Harley wear.

My wife was wearing a leather jacket (the fashion kind, not the riding kind) when the Harley guy asks her if she wears that while she rides. Here is how the conversation went:

Harley Guy: Do you ride with that jacket?
Wife: No.
HG: Do you ride at all?
W: No, but my husband does.
HG: Oh yeah, what does he ride?
W: A Honda Shadow
HG: (scoffs) That ain't no real bike.
W: At least it runs, unlike Harleys.

I've never been more proud of her.

· Registered
23,171 Posts
Heard this line today

I loved my Honda because it wasn't a Harley
and I love my Harley because it isn't a Honda

Great line..thanks Wayne for speaking it

· Registered
1,439 Posts
whatever the guy rides he was rude and made an inappropriate statement to a lady. plus... he was flirting with your wife, who i am sure looked great in her leather jacket, plus she comes home to you... you win!!!. whatever you ride ;-)

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
I'm not a huge fan of general brand bashing, but general a-hole bashing is just fine with me... You definitely married a good one ;)

· Registered
57 Posts
Look, I'd rather ride my 750 than an HD. I think Harley riders are posers. But... Shadows aren't anything special.

My ACE is my third Honda motorcycle and I'm a huge Honda fanboy. My first two Hondas were 600RRs. Amazing bikes. Freaky power. Well engineered. You know: the opposite of a Harley.

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Nah, I don't think so. Like I said I love my bike. But... ride a sport bike and tell me a cruiser (any kind) is a "real bike".
that's why there are sport bike forums and cruiser forums.

and for everyone here, I'm weary of seeing posts announcing "troll alert", if you think someone is trolling click on the thingy to report the post or thread to the moderation team and Spiritman:roll: And yes this is a general warning for all.

· Registered
4,868 Posts
Nah, I don't think so. Like I said I love my bike. But... ride a sport bike and tell me a cruiser (any kind) is a "real bike".
ive ridden harleys cruisers and sport bikes nothing compares to my shadow so far the sport bikes are small no room and uncomfortable fast sure but you can't just hop on and go for miles on end. harleys are to heavy and i didn't like the feel. but to say one bike isn't a real bike is taking it kind of far. if it has 2 wheels and a motor its a real bike

· Premium Member
11,278 Posts
ive ridden harleys cruisers and sport bikes nothing compares to my shadow so far the sport bikes are small no room and uncomfortable fast sure but you can't just hop on and go for miles on end. harleys are to heavy and i didn't like the feel. but to say one bike isn't a real bike is taking it kind of far. if it has 2 wheels and a motor its a real bike
I dunno about that Booger,, when I did the dragon with my brother we shared a shelter during a downpour with two Canadian riders on sport bikes. They didn't trailer their bikes down either. I guess comfort is really a matter of one's
and how tough one's seat is.

and no, I'm not calling anyone a jackass

· Premium Member
8,941 Posts
They are all real bikes, c'mon dude.. :roll:

· Registered
57 Posts
that's why there are sport bike forums and cruiser forums.

and for everyone here, I'm weary of seeing posts announcing "troll alert", if you think someone is trolling click on the thingy to report the post or thread to the moderation team and Spiritman:roll: And yes this is a general warning for all.
And I'm on one. I have an ACE. Love it. Just a different feel. But... it's an easy beginner bike.

As for sport bikes being uncomfortable... they aren't. People want them to be but I've but 600 miles on two of my sport bikes and yes: it sucked.
I put 600 miles on my ACE recently and I'll tell you: it sucked.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.