Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Wednesday I will be picking up my new purchase.
A 2005 VT750CA (Shadow Aero).

I don't want to say how much I am paying for it but it's not much. I'm getting it cheap because someone gave it a love tap on the luggage rack and the rider ditched into a field (still had wheat stalks in the bike).
It needs mirrors, a new luggage rack and a crash bar but that's about it.

I will post pics when I get it home.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Years ago in Vegas I saw an ad in the newspaper for a KZ 750 (I don't remember the year but it was not that old) for $700. The ad said it had damage from being dropped. For the **** of it I called the owner and went over to look at it. Turns out the bike was beautiful and had a small (about half the size of your fist) dent in the gas tank. The guy said he came around a curve to find a car broken down in the road. He locked up the brakes and dropped the bike but didn't get hurt. The incident scared him and he wanted the bike gone. I couldn't buy that bike fast enough. I rode that beautiful bike for 3 years, did nothing but oil changes, a battery and a tire then sold it for more than double what I paid.

Before that a co-worker had a Honda CM 400 with about 200 miles that had sat in his garage for a couple of years. He had bought the bike to impress a woman who clearly was not impressed by this little bike. He had chromed it out (believe it or not!), added a sissy bar and forward controls. It was a beautiful little bike. I picked up the bike for almost nothing in hopes I could get my ex-wife to ride. She wouldn't get on it but I ended up liking that little bike and using it to commute back and forth to work for a couple of years. It was economical and at 5'11 and 190 pounds (of muscle at the time - oh the good old days!) it was actually a comfortable little bike.

I always felt like part of the fun of riding was finding these deals. It seems like lots of people buy their first bike and for whatever reason either do not use them or something happens and they want it gone. Even my current bike is a 93' VLX that had 4100 miles on it when I bought it 3 weeks ago. The bike is beautiful and obviously spent it's life just sitting in someone's garage.

Congrats on your deal. Look forward to pictures!

·
Registered
274 Posts
You can't entice us with "I may have gotten a deal of a lifetime!" as the thread title and not give up the price.

Congrats on the bike though.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I agree with Jordan...spill the beans on the price. Also, I am guessing the rider was not too badly injured. I hate to hear of people getting into any kind of accident. I recently had a friend who laid his Harley down at between 35 and 45 mph in a turn and the bike was a total loss...but he was ok. He was anxious to get the insurance and buy a new bike!

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
congrats

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't entice us with "I may have gotten a deal of a lifetime!" as the thread title and not give up the price.

Congrats on the bike though.
OK, I'll give...

First let me say that the bike was a sealed bid auction item and the only reason I bid on this bike was to find out what the final price was going to be. My bid was $1050. I figured it would go for around $2500 or more. Surprise, surprise. I received an Email letting me know that I won!

So, a 2005 750 Aero with only 8,000 miles for $1050. High end on the damage would be about $600 if I'm buying new parts.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Just out of curiosity,,,,,was this a Copart auction? I have flirted with buying a bike in the past but never had the cajones. Portland is 1.5 hours away and I'd want to see anything I am bidding on. I would, ideally, be able to be present to make the final bid a closing time.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
Great buy, post pics upon arrival and after the repairs with a tally sheet of the cost. Lets the noobs still looking for that perfect ride see the steals...I mean deals that exist out there.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
2005 Aero's are junk...........oh wait.........nevermind.:mrgreen:

You stole that bike, I'm telling.:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.