Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it is time to get some more power in my life and I need some advice/ideas on which way to go. I am either wanting to add some HP to the shadow 750 I have now, or moving to something bigger.
I like the size and agility of the 750 when I am riding solo (I learned to ride on a rice rocket so I like to lean it in corners) but it seems a little cramped when my wife rides.
I looked at a 1600 Roadstar from Yamaha, which has power and looks like it would hold 2 very comfortably. However it seemed to be so heavy I may lose some of the agility (no chicken strips on this shadow).
So is it worth dumping money into the 750? How much power can I add without spending enough money to just bet a bigger bike?
I already added the K&N Air Filter, that only helped a little though.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Most seem to agree that no matter what you do you will only get an extra 10% of of it, this is with airbox, jetting and exhaust mods/replacements.

·
Registered
10,153 Posts
Same issue here (and I ride an 1100).

The only way to get power without weight is to change class of bike or find a used Magna. I am jonesing for more power without the weight.

FJR ,SV650. Kawi 650R, Honda 919, Suzuki Bandit600s, are on the radar. Any bike other then the FJR and I keep the Shadow. I find an 06 FJR at an estate sale in Florida. Bye bye Shadow.

It's real hard to keep a 40HP heavy bike when one has a rocket.

Ask those who bought FJRs and Valks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.