Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a kinda home brew auxilliary light scheme going on my 84, with a couple of HID-style driving lights I got from Wal-Mart, and some Kuryakn P-clamps. I just mounted the P-clamps to the fork tubes just below the tree, and then bolted the lights onto that. I ordered Gonzo's light harness, and I plan on running these on the high beam circuit for the relay trigger. My high beam sucks the big one, and these should really help with night time riding, and daytime visibility. They may not be that pretty, but they'll do until I can afford something more expensive (read: chrome).

Thanks for the work that you put into the harness, Chris! I'm always glad to support an individual rather than a corporation.

· Registered
296 Posts
I am sure you will be happy with Gonzo's wiring harness. There have been many members who have bought one and haven't been disappionted.

· Registered
1,243 Posts
Re: harness

Donald1684 said:
Yo,

I am new. Can you enlighten me? What is a Gonzo's light harness? It sounds like something this side of something leather!!

Thanks

Jim
Gonzo is a Forum member and he makes wiring harnesses that make installing extra lights much easier.

· Registered
5,978 Posts

· Registered
5,978 Posts
jtm-45/dr504 said:
I've got a kinda home brew auxilliary light scheme going on my 84, with a couple of HID-style driving lights I got from Wal-Mart, and some Kuryakn P-clamps. I just mounted the P-clamps to the fork tubes just below the tree, and then bolted the lights onto that. I ordered Gonzo's light harness, and I plan on running these on the high beam circuit for the relay trigger. My high beam sucks the big one, and these should really help with night time riding, and daytime visibility. They may not be that pretty, but they'll do until I can afford something more expensive (read: chrome).

Thanks for the work that you put into the harness, Chris! I'm always glad to support an individual rather than a corporation.
You might think about puting them on the low beam especially if you do a lot of night riding, put a Silverstar bulb in the headlight and you will be amazed at the difference in lighting up the road.
I don't know about you but when I'm riding at nite and go to low beam that is where I need the extra light, especially on two lane roads.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.