Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went and got my licenses today. now i can go outta state legally! i've been dyin' to go to the dragon! :D

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
Awesome! I made you feel bad huh:p
Yes I have been wanting to hit the Dragon too, I am going before summers out!
Coop

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seriously, you just got your license and you're going to ride the dragon?
yeah... why not? it's just 318 curves in 11 miles. :p

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha! yeah... i always thought that was cool when i went down there with my dad when i was little.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrat's! Written and driving? or just road test? What was your road test like if you did one? Seems alot of places do it all differently.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrat's! Written and driving? or just road test? What was your road test like if you did one? Seems alot of places do it all differently.
i took the written test and got my permit quite a while ago. i can't remember how long ago it was. today i took the road test. it was actually really easy. just did some zig-zagin' on the cones and some acceleratin' up through the gears and downshiftin' to where the trooper was standin'. really simple and easy...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Congrats!

Have fun & ride safe!

·
Registered
666 Posts
So I just read this thread and was intrigued by the dragon. Looked it up and now its on my list of rides i want to do. Thanks

·
Registered
563 Posts
Let me know when you are going to run the tail, I might meet up with you. Plan on going and running six gap this weekend if the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To all of you who haven't... The Dragon is a must... however DON'T STOP THERE. There are way too many roads around the dragon which are also must rides. Also if you're into camping, I don't don't mean back country camping, there's a place southeast of the The Dragon called Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge that's smack dab in the middle of it all. The following links are the rides we did last month and last year. They are all good but the first and last are my favorites and both include The Dragon... In case it's not obvious, Ironhorse MC Lodge was our base with each ride starting from there. Also you'll note that all of these rides are all less than 170 miles and while you may think that's a short ride, they're not. All rides are through mountain roads w/ lots of scenic views, you would be remiss to not stop and enjoy them.

PM me for more info or advice...

Bik-ation 2 Day 1 (Jun 2011)

Bik-ation 2 Day 2 (Jun 2011)

Bik-ation 1 (Sept 2010)

Enjoy, and remember, rubber side down!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts