Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/21/blueangels.crash/index.html

He was also a biker. Although I cant reveal his name, I have it from a good source it was the person whom I spent at least five hours flying with and several hundred miles riding with him. My thoughts to his family and RIP my friend.

And on a stranger note, over the skies of Carlsbad this weekend, I spotted a B17 flying fortress and a Lancaster, several times. At Palomar airport, we have several world war two planes and some biplanes that go out and ‘play dogfight” and they are quite the site to see, but these aircraft, the Lancaster and the b17 are a never before seen sight since I have been resident her.

It was a good weekend for riding for me with a sad realization at the end.

Hope you all had a safe weekend and added many miles to your bike.

Cheers

· Registered
192 Posts
What ever your view point is on our military and this war. Just take a moment and think of our troops. Thank one if you get the chance. Who died for our freedom? Jesus Christ and the American GI.

· Registered
52 Posts
This happened really close to me. Beaufort is only a 20 minute ride for me. A good friend was actually at the show to watch the Blue Angels. Speculation is that he clipped a wire or the top of a pine tree. Time will tell.

I think the thing that I respect most is the fact that he went down with his plane. He could've ejected, but it seems that he tried to steer the plane down a street as opposed to letting it just go whereever it wanted to.

Many prayers to his family.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.