Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
even though I had been riding for only 2 months and had an accident (hit a guardrail and went over the bars), I got my bike back last week and am starting the mental recovery. It is going to be a mile at a time, but I am willing to do it. So, if you are in NJ and see a guy on a black spirit 750 and a look of fear, just get ready to call 911 for me!!! Seriously, if anything, the experience has taught me alot and I feel like I have gotten the worst out of the way. See you on the road!!!!

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Sorry to hear about you accident but so glad to hear that you are willing to mount the iron steed and have a go at it again, I learned that a long time ago when riding horses, when we got throwed off we were always told to just get back up on it and keep on riding, yes it was hard but everything always worked out just fine :lol:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
On December 22nd 06 I got hit by an SUV while on my bike. I just made the final arrangements to get it fixed yesterday. While suffering through Christmas with a broken leg, I made the decision that I too will be back in the saddle as soon as I am able to safely. It was a hard decision after 20+ year of riding but it was made easier by my wife who bought me a full Amortex body suit for the bike (not knowing this would happen of course) and my love for the ride itself. I hope as you return to the road, you have analyzed how and why you had the hit you had and will do everything you can to learn from that experience. It will make you a safer rider and hopefully we will see many posts from you in the future with out mention of an accident.

Cheers and be safe.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Your willingness to get back up, brush yourself off and go at it again is admirable. The most important thought in your post is your willingness to learn from your experience.

After my accident in July I immediately read Hough (both books) and signed up for the MSF experienced riders course. I recommend these actions highly.

Your taking the right actions to let your accident be a learning experience and come out of it a far better rider.

john
'05 Sabre

·
Registered
549 Posts
NCSabreRider said:
Your willingness to get back up, brush yourself off and go at it again is admirable. The most important thought in your post is your willingness to learn from your experience.
+1

i've been riding for 13 years and i've never gone down. i really don't know if i would get back on a bike if i had a bad accident. i do know my wife and daughter would want me to stop riding.

be safe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts