Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's Highway bars to you woosies:cool:
I need crash bars for my 1995 VT 1100c shadow spirit The only ones I find are the Cobra bars. They look nice but I cant touch them before I buy.
Do any of you own these and what do you think of them, strong, week,, well made.
Are there any other bars that will fit my bike? It seems like there are more choices for 1997 and above, don't know what the difference is. And of course if it were a Harley the choices are unlimited.:shock:

·
Premium Member
8,872 Posts
It's not as heavy, but I have Cobras on my 750..

I have dropped my bike on it's side a few times doing weird stuff in parking-lot practice, even had me a little high-side when I practiced skidding (before getting my tires changed out) which rolled the bike up and bounced on it's handlebars. ..

They do the job.. They Hold-up well to a fair amount of abuse..

In a real situation - of course - they will crumple pretty quick - hard saddle-bags tend to offer better protection for your legs in those situations.. But, just for dropping your bike at the gas station, at a light, low speed stuff. The Cobra's, I'm sure, will do a pretty good job of saving your paint.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I also have the Cobra on my 750. Best $199 spent on the bike. I dropped it a few times while practicing and headlight aiming.

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
I paid 160.00 with free shipping for my cobra crash bars off ebay. Pretty damned cheap insurance in my estimation. That and they just plain look good!;) Still thinking about mounting some highway pegs just to have another riding position.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I appreciate the effort, but that link doesn't work. I find them at Amazon but there $20 more. being a cheap old fart I'm always looking for the best deal.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never mind I did a search with a little different wording and found them.Thanks for the help

·
Registered
405 Posts
Cobra bars are solid. I have them on my 1300 and 1800, and I bought a pair a few years back for my 750 on eBay for $80.

·
Read Only
107 Posts
Right now I've got floorboards mounted to forward controls, but someday I think I'll move the floorboards to stock position so I can put some highway bars/pegs on. Those cobra bars are way more affordable than I thought they would be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I want some too but none will fit my 05 750dc. It has cobra floorboards and V&H straight shots on it. There just isn't enough clearance between the front cylinder pipe and the bracket for the floorboard. ?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Put a pair on last night. The documentation made it very clear they are HIGHWAY bars and not CRASH bars. Lawyers...
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts
What's the deal with Highway bars? Do some people think they are ugly or something? They were on my bike when I got it but they've saved my bike from damage a few times, give me a place to stretch my legs and allow guard covers to block freezing air. I just wondered if they are considered to be not cool or something

·
Registered
7,877 Posts
What's the deal with Highway bars? Do some people think they are ugly or something? They were on my bike when I got it but they've saved my bike from damage a few times, give me a place to stretch my legs and allow guard covers to block freezing air. I just wondered if they are considered to be not cool or something

I think it depends on the bike. Some don't look right with them and some do. Don't think there's a "cool" factor either way.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
405 Posts
They look weird on some bikes, but seldom is it a bad idea to bolt something onto your bike that not only offers protection but is also a nice chunk of chrome.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts