Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add floor boards with a heal toe shifter and highway bars to my bike. Is there a way to adjust the position of the floor boards to make them a little more forward than the peg currently is (or is that a bad idea)? My feet don't feel that far forward when I am riding. Where is the best place to buy these items? I have read that ebay is hit or miss and probably a bad idea but and advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Floorboards and highway bars ( I assume you mean engine guard/crash bars ) huh? Ok the secondary for installing crash bars is to mount highway pegs, so one can stretch out on long rides, and the primary purpose of a floorboard is to give your feet a flat wider riding surface. Installing both on certain bikes can be a hassle or in some cases undo able, and trying to come even further forward with the floorboards will only make it harder, if kicking your feet out further while on long roads or highway I suggest just purchase something like Amazon.com: Honda Shadow 750 Spirit C2 Engine Crash Bars Guards: Automotive and put pegs on the, this system had worked well for many riders, myself included

·
Registered
298 Posts
I don't have a heel toe shifter (too old to learn new tricks) but I have Cobra swept floorboards and am happy with my foot position, I'm 5'-11".

I got my engine gaurds from e-bay and have no idea of the brand name. For highway bars I have Kuryakyn offset mount footpegs mounted to the engine guard. They allow a lot of latitude in positioning.

I have had good luck buying from Cruiser Customizing Motorcycle Parts and Motorcycle Accessories for Cruisers: Honda VTX, Yamaha Roadstar, Kawasaki Mean Streak, Suzuki Volusia and more ...

Photo shows the floorboards

This photo shows the highway pegs a little better

Tim
08 750 Aero

1 - 4 of 4 Posts