Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
A McDonalds $1.00 menu hamburger is worth a 6 hour ride :D

(edit) I guess unless it's really cold or wet :( But 50'ish is decent.

(edit, edit) Take it while you can. Here in Charleston I'm in the same weather area as you, and it's gonna get a little crummy Sunday.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Re: Is The Atlanta Bike Show worth a 6 hour ride on the High

CBOLLING said:
The Wife gave me permission to go to the bike show in Atlanta Tommorrow. It is about 150 miles each way straight down the highway. Do you think it worth it? Weather will be sunny in the low 50's for the high.
The weather here in Atlanta is supposed to be 65 degrees for a high, not low 50's!!

And absolutely, it's worth it.
The show is equivalent to the "International Auto Show" only for bikes.
All the new models and reps will be there.

I'm not able to make it this year, but it is a good show... it's HUGE!

Definitely worth the trip!

·
Registered
81 Posts
We're supposed to get between 12" - 18" of snow here this weekend so if it was me and I could ride I would ride 600 miles just to throw mud on my bike.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Any excuse for a ride is worth it, but a trip to hotlanta makes it even better. Nothing better than a lazy cruise down Peachtree through downtown on a weekend.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Which "Peachtree"? Seems like you can drive 1/4 mile anywhere in any direction in ATL and be on "Peachtree" :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
JT,

I know you're from Lovington, but does this location ring a bell?

(A little sloppy for bike riding that day)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have a safe one, and take some pics.

Rick

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to the show yesterday. Had a really good time and the ride down and back was not bad. I just wish it wasn't all on the highway.

They had free parking in a special lot for bikes. That was cool seeing all those bikes together. The parking lot was just as interesting as the show inside.

I must have sat on 100 different bikes yesterday.

Tried out the repli-racers. CBR's, GSXR's and the like. I realized that at 35 I am getting old because there is no way in hell I would be anywhere near comfortable on one of those. I felt like my butt was higher that my hands.

I really liked the sport tourers. The ST1300 and FJR made me dream about a new bike.

I climbed on a couple of adventure bikes. (emphasis on climbed) The V-Stroms and the GS BMW's have increadibly high seats. I am 6'1" with 34" inseam and just was able to flat foot the ground while sitting on these. Definitely bikes for tall people.

As for cruisers. I really liked the Vulcan 900. Everything I would want in a cruiser.

Truimph also had some really cool bikes. The Bonneville America fit me perfectly and I really liked the ST and the new Tiger. I could see myself owning either one of those. The Rocket III is freakin HUGE.

I also really like the Suzuki Burgeman. It was really comfortable and super practical. In a perfect world this is all the motorcycle I would ever need, but at this stage in my life I am not sure I could get over the scooter thing. Maybe as a 2nd bike...Hmm I really would like to own one. Maybe if I pretend that it is the wife's bike and I am just borrowing it.

If I was in the market for a new bike what would I get? After going to the show I am more confused than ever. Too many choices.

·
Registered
87 Posts
CBOLLING - I have a Burgman, and it IS very practical and fun. I have the 400cc version though. I would say its a great 1st bike, because of it's go anywhere with minimal effort attitude. But I would keep at least one "regular" bike around...because while its fun and fast, its just not quite the same...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I went also.
I too really am liking the sport tourers.
I really liked the Victorys, especially the black 8 ball

1 - 13 of 13 Posts