Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im a new member here. I've been looking around at saddlebags and would like to get some suggestions on what would look and fit best. I have a 2004 vlx deluxe. Thank You.

·
Registered
309 Posts
There's tons of pictures here of bikes with every imaginable type of bags. Look around and get some ideas. It's your bike and should be about what you think looks good on it.

I want to change the bags on mine. The large hard bags are nice if you cruise long distances, which we do. I think mine would look better with a soft side leather bag. I might go with that and get a large pack to put on the luggage rack when we go out for a few weeks at a time.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Hi Im a new member here. I've been looking around at saddlebags and would like to get some suggestions on what would look and fit best. I have a 2004 vlx deluxe. Thank You.
Look at lots of bikes, pics of bikes and try to get a feel for what you want yours to look like. Do you need larger bags? can you get by with smaller bags? want soft leather or hard bag? possibly painted to match?

When you get an idea of how you want them to look, take a tape measure and visualize the area you want to cover with bags and measure it, ball park measurements are ok..start looking on the net for bags in that general size.

Here's a set of small slant bags I have on my Virago. Purchased from Jafrum.com...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts