Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I've had my bike for about 3 months now and every time somebody who knows about bikes (deff not me)is there when i start it tells me that its idled to high. 2011 phantom( 750cc fuel injected,cobra intake and pipes) Could the after market pipes and intake cause this? is the adjustment just the screw that stops the relaxing of the spring on the throttle body. Do i need to spend $$$$$ on PC or FI2000 or similar.
Any Advice??

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
Probably just need to turn the idle screw. If you want more power THEN you might need a programer/controller. Yes aftermarket intake and exhaust could cause the idle issue.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yall message me if yall wanna go ride and grub and crap. I'm always game to take a trip from Laffy. Got some buds that are too.

There's a 2010 Phantom someone put on Craigslist today in Lafayette.

·
Registered
802 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yeah that would be cool.

Back to the op,
Are the fuel injected motors idle screws the same as the carb'd setup? I'd think you could just adjust the screw and see how it runs. Couldn't hurt to try. That's what I'd do first.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Shadow Aero 750
562 Posts
Anyone ever figure out if the idle speed is adjustable on the Phantom?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.