Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my bike in for a standard service and the tech adjusted the idle down, it was really high, and now after the bike sits for a day the bike has a hard time staying started without giving it the throttle. Mind you, after it gets going it is okay.

Should the idle be adjusted up so that is not necessary or should it be left? I hate guning the throttle to keep it going, I don't know if i'm doing long term damage to the motor. I know back in the day that it was standard procedure on a carburated car, not needed now with FI.

If you all do suggest adjusting the idle can someone tell me how to go about doing it. I should have asked the tech how to do it while I was there..

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
radski said:
I took my bike in for a standard service and the tech adjusted the idle down, it was really high, and now after the bike sits for a day the bike has a hard time staying started without giving it the throttle. Mind you, after it gets going it is okay.

Should the idle be adjusted up so that is not necessary or should it be left? I hate guning the throttle to keep it going, I don't know if i'm doing long term damage to the motor. I know back in the day that it was standard procedure on a carburated car, not needed now with FI.

If you all do suggest adjusting the idle can someone tell me how to go about doing it. I should have asked the tech how to do it while I was there..
The idle should be around 900-1000 rpm at warm idle. Since you don't have a tach on your bike, you will need to guess where that setting is.

The adjuster knob is located underneath the carbs. You will need to look for a 3-sided knob. Rotate it counter-clockwise to increase the idle.

Sorry I don't know exactly where the idle knob is on your Spirit 750...I am not real familar with that bike.

Joe

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
radski said:
That did the trick Joe, thanks for the relpy. She idles like a champ now.

Ron
You are most welcome.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.