Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I had a dollar for everytime I try to shift into 6th gear on my Spirit, anyone else do the same. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I have never tried to get a dollar for trying to shift into 6th but if you think it would work I will wear that shifter out, I could use a few extra dollars :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is something not seen much anymore. My 84 Vt500c has a 6th gear or OD if you rather, but they didn't seem to stick around for long.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Sometimes I'm the same moving from my rebel to the VLX. Can't seem to stop thinking it stops at 4. It never bothers me, just old habit.

·
Registered
368 Posts
"If I had a dollar..." I guess you could save up those dollars and get you a tachometer. That way you would get used to seeing the RPMs at whatever speed you normally cruise in. If the RPMs are too high, then your probably still in fourth.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
6th gear, who needs it. I'd have to be going around 100 to use it.

·
Registered
718 Posts
If I had a dollar for everytime I try to shift into 6th gear on my Spirit, anyone else do the same. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
Shift some $$ into a 38 or 39 tooth rear sprocket.

CharlieS

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
You can test it on the fly; just gently pull up on the shifter, if it moves easy, then that's all you got.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts