Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That the Dunlops that the bike came with new were so inferior to the Pirellis I just put on I wouldn've had the dealership change them BEFORE I took delivery. Wow. It's almost a different bike!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I have run Dunlops, Pirellis and Metzlers. No matter the brand, new rubber always make the bike way better. That said, I consider Pirelli only about 10% better than a Dunlop due to hairline carcass cracking in under two years and marginally better wear.

That is why all our bikes run ME880 or Bridgestone Exedra MAX series - two bullet proof, long running designs.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have run Dunlops, Pirellis and Metzlers. No matter the brand, new rubber always make the bike way better. That said, I consider Pirelli only about 10% better than a Dunlop due to hairline carcass cracking in under two years and marginally better wear.

That is why all our bikes run ME880 or Bridgestone Exedra MAX series - two bullet proof, long running designs.
With the way she feels... I think I'm putting new rubber on every year and not too worried about the wear :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.