Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...reintroduce the Shadow 1100 (or maybe make it a 1300).

I am happy with my Aero 750, but it seems like more seasoned riders often crave a little more power. Many opt for moving up to a used 1100 cc Shadow. I like the retro look of the Shadow series and don't care too much for the way the larger cruisers (Fury, Sabre, Stateline, or Interstate) look. They are just a bit too modern-looking for me. So, I think there would be a market for new 1100 cc or 1300 cc Shadows.

What do you think about that?

How would you complete the sentence in the title?

·
Registered
229 Posts
I am for some years almost stalking the guys from Honda europe with the question why not build a modern version of the vt 1100 '85 and '86 models. I comsider these to the best shadows ever made.
My impression of those talks is that Honda is totally not interested in the shadow.
The fury is a bike I personally dislike. The tank is too small for me for such a bike.
The vtx 1800 is more a bike.
So when Honda give me the keys, I would rebuild the 1100. Maybe like the poster says a bigger engine. But the shadow look would return for sure.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm with you guys. I don't like the looks of the new model Honda's at all. Would love to have my Aero with a more powerful motor. Been watching for a nice 1100 for a couple years but around my area the older 1100s are sold as soon as they are advertised so others must feel the same way as I.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I suppose I am just too damn old! My 04 Sabre has enough power to pull me and whatever I load on it way too fast and does it in a very quick manner! Plus it will break the triple number bracket and it will go around the twisties as fast as I care to go and still leave an amount of safety margin. More Power? No thank you! I are truly happy with what I have. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts

I am happy with my Aero 750, but it seems like more seasoned riders often crave a little more power. Many opt for moving up to a used 1100 cc Shadow. I like the retro look of the Shadow series and don't care too much for the way the larger cruisers (Fury, Sabre, Stateline, or Interstate) look. They are just a bit too modern-looking for me. So, I think there would be a market for new 1100 cc or 1300 cc Shadows.

I could not agree with you more. Honda should bring back the 1100 Shadows. :)

·
Registered
11,102 Posts
Air cooled 1100 - 1300 soft tail in the style of the vtx bikes, not the more recent Fury-esque models.

·
Registered
327 Posts
...I would be very happy that I am the largest manufacturer of motorcycles in the world. Especially with the very handsome sum I would be bringing home every day.

To stay with the theme - I would come out with a diesel motorcycle that worked well in the real world and revolutionize motorcycles like Soichiro did with the Cub (And then enjoy the fruits of my labor for the next few generations).

Damian

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Keep doing what they are doing, building bikes for counties that use them for transportation, and dabble in the market where they are for pleasure ridding and racing. Have you ever looked at Honda global sale, the one below is a few years old, but it will give you a idea where their bread and butter is.

Globally, Honda sold 17.9 million motorcycles in 2010, compared to 15 million in 2009. In North America, 192,000 bikes were sold in 2010, compared to 210,000 in 2009.

After looking at the numbers of units sold in North America, you also need to know that they include all their off-road bikes and quads, crotch-rockets, and dual sports, so shadows are just a after thought.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Build a bike in the style of the GB500

·
Banned
821 Posts
hire a bunch of lobbyists to reverse the epa's thoroughly lean prerequisites. its a little odd that they let a bunch of f650 and whatnot roll around but not a little motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
1,897 Posts

Ditto!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

1 - 20 of 35 Posts