Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title asks, If you could buy any Honda Motorcycle, which would you choose? But also tell us why that would be the bike for you and what mods you would do to it.

For me it would be a Honda Fury, preferably in blue, but I'd take red to. I just have a love for love for choppers, but with my back, going hardtail is just not an appealing concept. I love the classic custom stylings that the Fury employs while maintaining a full front and rear suspension. Mods...wouldn't do a whole lot...I'd probably dress up the bars to give it a more custom look, silver flames to the tank and fenders, and maybe give it a slightly more extreme rake angle.

What would you guys do?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I bought it..Honda Africa twin with DCT. I enjoyed my Shadow,but I prefer to sit up higher. Actually the bike I should have bought was the Honda VFR1200x....Same seating style but shaft drive, so a little less maintenance..Would have added luggage to it and thats about it. But with the Africa twin,if I want to go off road I can.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
The new Valkyrie or another old standard to customize.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Frankly none, Honda no longer has anything in their line up that interests me. In my opinion they blew it when the discontinued the 1100 Shadows
Same here, but go up a few cc's...

I wanted one of the VTX1300T (tour) models that came stock with windshield, saddlebags, etc... But as CD pointed out with the VT1100's, Honda stupidly did away with the VTX lineup as well. :evil:

Don't get me started on those Stateline/Interstate/...whatever models with that weird 1/2 chopper, 1/2 something-or-other, type of look to them. Pffffftttt.... No thanks.

CD is right. Honda blew it. Honda blew it big time. :(

VT750 Shadow (dozens of configurations, makes, models, etc...)
ST1300 (sport tourer -- i.e. a crotch rocket with saddlebags)
And then you make the "leap of faith" to the massive, Goldwing. :roll:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Strangely enough the only current Honda that appeals to me is the Grom. I'd like to get one of those little suckers, move the foot pegs back, tune the suspension and add some "track" tires, put the leathers on and go out and burn up a go-cart track!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well the fact that I'm short means I'd go for anything with a really low seat height, it's why I stopped riding my CB750LTD (that I love) it's too damn tall for me, my legs really ache from tip toeing EVER TIME I STOP.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
IMO Honda has lost its way, but I am not really their target market.

If I had to pick a bike from Honda Canada's offerings https://motorcycle.honda.ca/ it would be in no particular order, Africa Twin, CB650F, Rebel 500.
The Africa Twin's versatility is a big attraction it could handle rough back roads as well as highway, the CB650F is as close as I'd get to a sporting mount as it allows a more standard positioning, the Rebel 500 is the nearest thing to cruiser currently offered in Canada and looks like fun.
I'm too old for the sport bikes and serious off-road stuff and also have no where to really take advantage of their strengths.

In reality if I was buying a new bike I'd probably go with a Suzuki or Kawasaki.

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
We already have a VLX, 1100 spirit and 2 Goldwings. The old wing is a hotrod project. So we've been considering a couple quads to play in the dirt with. But I still dream of an older Valk! I just love all that chrome on those fat girls! As for mods not much LEDs better than factory seat, pipes, camera and phone mount. USB charger

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Steve, I had the same Silverwing, GL500!! :D Mine was candy apple red but didn't have the trunk though.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Frankly none, Honda no longer has anything in their line up that interests me. In my opinion they blew it when the discontinued the 1100 Shadows
I love my 2015 750 Shadow but now these are the two bikes I desire:

• The Royal Enfield Classic 500 for around town as I love retro;
  • A highway bike with displacement between 1100 - 1300ccs and I don't know what's good and reliable like a Honda these days. And I prefer a cruiser type bike as opposed to a Gold Wing with all due respect.

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
I would love to have a restored 1970s CBX 1000 6 cylinder screamer. And ride it gently because it cost $10,000.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Hi neighbor,why did you let you it go?
I got stupid... Well, hey, you asked! LOL... :lol:

Actually, I was married and soon had a baby on the way. My parents talked me into selling it, and my wife sadly agreed with them. I was "bikeless" for 20 years -- and that will NEVER happen again!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Well the fact that I'm short means I'd go for anything with a really low seat height, it's why I stopped riding my CB750LTD (that I love) it's too damn tall for me, my legs really ache from tip toeing EVER TIME I STOP.
You could always do like my Mom, who's all of 5' tall, used to do on our KZ400 that was so tall my nearly 6' frame with 34 inseam was almost touching the seat standing up on it, flat-footed. She used to get to a stop light, and lean it to one side to have one foot flat (you could always alternate which side goes flat-footed, to keep from always using the muscles in that leg/calf), and when the light was about to turn green (turning yellow for the other side), she would get up on tiptoes again only long enough to take off. Worked for her while she rode to work at the hospital for a few years. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I love my 2015 750 Shadow but now these are the two bikes I desire:

• The Royal Enfield Classic 500 for around town as I love retro;
  • A highway bike with displacement between 1100 - 1300ccs and I don't know what's good and reliable like a Honda these days. And I prefer a cruiser type bike as opposed to a Gold Wing with all due respect.
For the highway bike, you can find VTX1300s all over that would be easily converted by adding bags and fairing/windshield, or you could get an older Valkyrie, that's already setup for that, though it's an 1800cc, with the GoldWing engine. If I HAD to get a Honda, that would be MY choices. I almost got the VTX1300 anyway about a year and a half ago, but found such a great deal on my new-to-me '13 Dyna SuperGlide (I've wanted a Harley since I was a teenager), so I couldn't pass it up. That's what I ride now.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts