Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys was wondering if any of you had ever used the ingitech CDI/ ECM on your vt1100 or any of the vt family. Reason for inquiring is I have made the wife mad once again just because of a 85 vt1100 jumped in the bed of my truck and I couldn't leave it for the scrap catcher lol. It's a complete bike other than the CDI ECM.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,174 Posts
I have been using a TCIP4 to fire up my 1999 VT750 ACE for 6 years and it has performed flawlessly.
Send them info in an email detailing what you want, don't try phoning as you will get somebody talking a foreign language to you and you will be talking a foreign language to them.

This is what I got from them in 2005, the adapter harness plugged right in to my connector, I imagine you have two boxes and multiple connections that will be replaced by one box and an adapter harness.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,731 Posts
You might do some measuring first. The pulse generators seem to go bad before the ignition unit.
And those years also have a cam sensor on the head to test.
Make sure the coils and ICU have battery power through the kill switch.
If all is good and no spark probably it is the ICU.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I was wondering how well worth the money they are. Didn't want to put much money in the bike right now already in the dog house because of it lol.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol that is the only thing my wife's dad was a salvage yard owner before he sold out and she knows all about the cost lol and they said bring your kids to work haha.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,731 Posts
If you spend some time diagnosing, it may be a very cheap easy repair.
Better than trowing parts at it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry swifty I bought a nother bike that it's CDI/ECM was missing out of it. Still have my 86 vt1100 just found a 85 vt1100 with the red logo on the tank to go with the silver one on the 86. Tried the cdi/ECM off my 86 and with a new battery and carbs cleaned it fired up and runs but needs some TLC. Don't know what happened to the original parts that were there but before I got but it's complete bike other than that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts