Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VT500C. I got to checking ignition wires. And decided to check the Ignition Coils wiring. (On my 454LTD kawasaki it would run bad if the polarity of the coil wires was reversed) And when I checked the Shop manual it clearly stated that the front cylinder coil should have a yellow wire and a black and white wire. And that the rear cylinder coil should have a blue wire and a black and white wire. But in actuality, the wires for the ignition coils on my bike were the reverse of what the manual stated. So I am asking any VT500C owner to remove the ignition coils cover and tell me how the wires read from rear to front on the coils.

· Registered
177 Posts
YELLOW---BLACK/WHITE---BLUE---BLACK/WHITE
...........REAR...........................FRONT
Official Honda Service Manual wiring diagram for 1985/86 agrees with this.
On my bike the wiring harness is such that it is almost impossible to put the wrong wire on the wrong terminal.

· Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YELLOW---BLACK/WHITE---BLUE---BLACK/WHITE
...........REAR...........................FRONT
Official Honda Service Manual wiring diagram for 1985/86 agrees with this.
On my bike the wiring harness is such that it is almost impossible to put the wrong wire on the wrong terminal.
Chuck,
Thanks for the rapid reply, and yes your color code agrees with the way mine is wired. Funny thing though, is that the yellow wire also goes to the tach. Which must mean that they are firing the rear cylinder 1st.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.