Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So any ideas why my bike would be blowing the 10amp ignition fuse as soon as I turn the key to run? All other systems work all lights work and no visible issues with the wiring. Any ideas would be great.

·
Registered
'83 VT750C
1,618 Posts
It’s a common connector for most of those fuses, but the three main ones feeding off the ignition fuse (black wire) is the fuel pump relay, the regulator/rectifier, and the starter & kill switch. Unplug them, then plug them back in one at a time until it blows that fuse. Then check those connections and trace along that wire for shorts.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
Find the one that is blowing and look for added wiring to that circuit. May be an accessory added and shorted wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It’s a common connector for most of those fuses, but the three main ones feeding off the ignition fuse (black wire) is the fuel pump relay, the regulator/rectifier, and the starter & kill switch. Unplug them, then plug them back in one at a time until it blows that fuse. Then check those connections and trace along that wire for shorts.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Find the one that is blowing and look for added wiring to that circuit. May be an accessory added and shorted wiring.
The only thing add are 2 extra brake lights and all seem good with them. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts