Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1985 Shadow 700 and am in the process of chopping it out. Over the weekend, I moved all of the electronics under the seat where the breather system used to be. The electronics, including the ignitors are now sitting in an enclosed box. Can someone tell me if the ignitors will overheat in this situation? I am not sure as they used to be somewhat enclosed under the passenger seat.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about the ignition modules, they don't pass a while lot of current, and what they do pass is nearly completely "digital" on or off. Electronics like that don't make much heat.

if you put all of the electronics in a box, I would be very worried about the voltage regulator. it has to dissipate a lot of heat, and enclosing it will burn it (and maybe you!) up in no time.

If you enclose it in an aluminum box, and secure the components to the box, it will act as a heat sink, and may save you a lot of trouble.

--Justin

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
You do like cbjr0256 suggest with the holes AND go to Radio Shack
and buy a small 12v muffin fan.
Put it inside the box and have to blow out the holes.
Just wire it up so it's only on when the ignition is on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.