Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to verify that when I click the IGNORE button on a member, he/she doesn't see me and I don't see them. Am I correct?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
Every forum software for the ignore feature is a bit different. To the best of my knowledge, the ignore feature here only prevents the posts of the person on your ignore list from showing.

Some forums have it where the ignored person's post does not show but in the thread feed it still lists the ignored member's name and the text does not show.

I have never used the ignore feature on this or any other forum so I am not 100% sure of the display characteristics.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Someone here who I've "ignored" made personal remarks about a week ago and also last night. ENOUGH. I am sixty-six years young and no longer "need" that kind of thing. Life is too short and I want to surround myself with as much positivity as possible. THX. 8))

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, for a test, I ignored you. I can not see your posts. I only see @Spiritman post.
Can you see my post? If so, then now you know how it works.
Spiritman, let me know when the OP replies so I can stop the test and take him back off my ignore list.
I don't want anyone on my ignore list.
I see your post. Therefore I do not like the way the ignore post works here. Once invoked it should be mutual and not one sided.

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
Ok, for a test, I ignored you. I can not see your posts. I only see @Spiritman post.
Spiritman, let me know when the OP replies so I can stop the test and take him back off my ignore list.
He responded, what can you see?

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
I see your post. Therefore I do not like the way the ignore post works here. Once invoked it should be mutual and not one sided.
I disagree with that assertion, it's up to individual members to choose who's post they want to see and who's they do not via the ignore feature.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ok, No, I didn't see your reply. But now you know how it works. I took you off ignore and reloaded, so now I can see ya again. I missed you even for those few minutes @tjkoko :cool:

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He responded, what can you see?
I can see Clampett'/s post:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yep, only works one way. When you ignore someone, you can't see them, BUT they can still see you. I understand your desire, but most of the forums I'm on, they work the same as this one.
Meaning only the person doing the blocking see a change. The person being blocked see no change.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I disagree with that assertion, it's up to individual members to choose who's post they want to see and who's they do not via the ignore feature.
I am getting effing fed up with that one forum member and his personal remarks. Either he knocks it off or there WILL indeed be an all out word fest and I mean it. Now up to now I have been civil with my remarks but this one member who joined a few months ago decided to make me a target and I won't take his remarks sitting down. He's a troll and I emailed a complaint about a week/ten days ago.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am getting effing fed up with that one forum member and his personal remarks. Either he knocks it off or there WILL indeed be an all out word fest and I mean it. Now up to now I have been civil with my remarks but this one member who joined a few months ago decided to make me a target and I won't take his remarks sitting down. He's a troll and I emailed a complaint about a week/ten days ago.
How do you see "his personal remarks" if he's on your ingore list?
just askin'
:unsure:

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
10,828 Posts
@tjkoko You did complain - I checked it and it was not a personal attack. Just because you think/feel something is an attack does not make it so. truth be told I have read many of your comments to members that were questionable. I would like to think we as a membership have a bit thicker skin.
That said, please point out these personal attacks.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you see "his personal remarks" if he's on your ingore list?
just askin'
:unsure:
I ignored him about two hours ago. Let's all move on as I no longer will see his remarks.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, only works one way. When you ignore someone, you can't see them, BUT they can still see you. I understand your desire, but most of the forums I'm on, they work the same as this one.
Meaning only the person doing the blocking see a change. The person being blocked see no change.
No so at FB. When someone is blocked, neither side can see either.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FB? You mean Facebook? If so, that isn't a motorcycle forum and has no comparison to one.
I was merely indicating how Facebook's block function worked. And there are MC forums at FB.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts