Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove the bolt caps on the handlebar riser bridge? I was just going to try to pop them off with a screwdriver but figured I'd ask before I scratch them all up.

·
Registered
‘00 Valkyrie Interstate, ‘01 Spirit 1100, 99 VLX
1,341 Posts
Dental floss works great and won't chip the chrome!

I also have used a very small screwdriver, prying the caps off from the center of the riser clamp, as well as a straight pick, kind of a long, fine-point scribe.

CB

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
CleoBen said:
Dental floss works great and won't chip the chrome!

I also have used a very small screwdriver, prying the caps off from the center of the riser clamp, as well as a straight pick, kind of a long, fine-point scribe.

CB
Dental Floss - Now that is one of those techniques that needs to be filed away for future use....good one!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yeah, I learned the dental floss trick on this forum too - and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I tried and tried the dental floss thing with my stock riser on an 05 spirit, could not do it, I use a small jewelers screw driver. But, remember the stock risers are made of a soft metal, thus you can easy damage or gouge them. At least on the Spirit. Good luck

·
Registered
225 Posts
I used a razor knife.

but i've tinted windows for a long time, so i have a light touch.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Use a utility blade... and then throw the damned things in the garbage so you never have to worry about 'em again.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do ya know, I don't feel stupid. When the responces come back to use dental floss, I guess it's not such a stupid question. It also sounds like it's a real pain, that was what I thought when I looked at it.
Thank you all, I knew I could count on y'all for answers.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
if you find the dental floss breaking, very thin monofilament/fishing line works as well and is a little stronger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts