Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I picked up a nice chunk of Beef Brisket. About four pounds and nicely marbled with a nice thick Fat Cap on it.

Last night I scored the Fat Cap then rubbed in a liberal helping of Cajun Seasoning.

This afternoon I placed it in the Water Smoker along with plenty of wood chips. The temperature was set at 210°F.

About an hour ago the meat reached that wonderful temperature of 190°F and has been sitting there since.

In a couple of minutes I'll be pulling it out of the smoker and moving it inside to rest for a bit. (About half an hour.)

You know it's good BBQ when you have to use Work Gloves to remove the meat from the smoker.

Cat

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Sounds good, I'm eagerly waiting for the UPS truck to deliver my propane fueled smoker this evening. I have, for my maiden experience, some cornish game hens and chicken legs marinating and will add some fresh pork sausage links when I fire the grill up tomorrow morning. Brisket will be the next adventure.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to report,

This brisket turned out just about perfect. Cooked through, tender and juicy with a nice flavor. We're talking juicy enough we had to use bread to sop up the juices. We didn't even add BBQ Sauce.

Cat

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Well to report,

This brisket turned out just about perfect. Cooked through, tender and juicy with a nice flavor. We're talking juicy enough we had to use bread to sop up the juices. We didn't even add BBQ Sauce.

Cat
That sounds good, I'm not a big fan of bbq sauce, I think it has a tendancy to mask the flavor of the meat and its juices. My experience with the smoker turned out well. After 'some assembly required' was completed last night, I seasoned the smoker and let it burn for awhile, raising and lowering the temps to be more acquainted with the finesse of setting the right temp. I ended up smoking the poultry for almost 7 hours @ an average of 180 degrees, good and juicy....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts