Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Make the marks on the exhaust where you want the cuts to be. Then take them off the bike for the cuts they will be easier to handle them that way. Make absolutely sure the cuts are straight and where you want them to be. No second chance. Might need a rat tail file to smooth the burs on the inside of the pipe and a flat one for the burs outside.

Remember measure twice cut once.

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
If you cut them, use a chop saw with an abrasive blade and go very slowly so you don't discolor the pipe from heat. If you go at that chrome with a hack saw, you're going to struggle. It would also be easier is you removed the pipes from the bike.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
10,244 Posts
Unmuffled Fish Tails is the loudest most obnoxious sound I ever heard coming from a Harley even a 1/2 mi. behind it. Close up and in the city they downright sucked. We pulled over and let the group get way ahead of us.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Unmuffled Fish Tails is the loudest most obnoxious sound I ever heard coming from a Harley even a 1/2 mi. behind it. Close up and in the city they downright sucked. We pulled over and let the group get way ahead of us.
No s**t. My late Electra Glide had unbaffled fishtails on it. They lasted all of the ride home. Fortunately stock Harley mufflers can be found everywhere for next to nothing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.