Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Wife and I and her son and his girlfriend are considering going to a few days of Myrtle Beach Bike Week in May. I would appreciate input from some of you folks that have been there. Any tips, things to look for, things to avoid, overall impressions.

·
Registered
190 Posts
We'll be there the weekend after Mothers day weekend at Ocean Lakes Campground in the motorhome and will be bringing the bike. (We're from Charleston, so it's only about a 2 hour drive for us.)

Hundreds and hundreds of bikes ... I think you'd be hard put to find much more than 100 feet between any two bikes on the street. There's some type of display, demo, or bike related something seemingly at nearly every mall parking lot. The town caters to the biking crowd and is friendly overall.

Rick

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I would have to trailer it to get it down there, do you think it would be woth it to actually take my bike, or just as well to leave it home?

·
Registered
76 Posts
MYB

I went last year and stayed smack dab in the middle of it. I saw tons of Harleys and choppers and wild people but not alot of honda's. I would love to go again and meet up with some of you guys going but im not too sure about bringing the bike. Little hesitant about it

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, my wife's son plans to take his bike, but he's one of those baggy pants, younger, crotch rocket guys that probably won't want to ride with an "old man" on a cruiser that much. So I'm on the fence about taking the shadow. There's still time to decide.

·
Registered
76 Posts
MYB

When in Rome.....do as the Romans.

Maybe ill rent a bike to go down there with and keep my baby safe in the garage

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bike Week in Myrtle Beach is great. Tons of Harley's. Last year I saw a lot of honda's. Its a blast. If your not big on crowds I suggest fall bike week in Myrtle Beach. The first week in Oct. I like that more. Not as many vendors but your not stuck in traffic.
If you don't want to take the bike; the local Harley dealership rents bikes.
Enjoy yourself,
Joe

·
Registered
69 Posts
We have been to Bike Week in May the last 3 years and had a
good time. But we're not going down this year. We trailered our bikes
down. If you go you will want your bikes for sure.

Lots of Harleys down but Honda and sport bikes also. You will have a
ball!!! :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
512 Posts
You can't go to bike week with out a bike... Its BIKE WEEK!!! :p

What if everyone had that same idea and no one took thier bike... would it still be called bike week? :shock:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Xodus said:
You can't go to bike week with out a bike... Its BIKE WEEK!!! :p

What if everyone had that same idea and no one took thier bike... would it still be called bike week? :shock:
Yeah, yeah, I get the point........Thanks for the input everyone. Keep it coming. :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Well, technically, you can do whatever you want.

But I agree, visiting a bike event without a bike knowing darn well that your bike's just sitting at home in the garage, pining for you in the saddle, is, well, not too nice for your bike! :lol:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I went to Blues, Bikes and BBQ last year in Fayetteville Arkansas last year and loved it. We did not trailer the bikes and the guy I went with rode his HD Heritage softail and I rode my Honda Sabre. There were ALL kinds of bikes there!!!! I could not have even imagined going to a bike rally and not being on the bike. If you do go with out the bike I guarantee that you will want to kick your butt all the way back home!!! :D

·
Registered
190 Posts
as others said it's bike week,you have to bring your bike,I have been working in Morgantown for 2 years and worked thru the first Mountainfest and just watched bikes cruise by all day,the next year I was the 1 cruising by :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I moved to SC about 4 years ago and went down once. Planning to go again this year. It's as wild as you want it to be or as tame as you want it to be. usually at least 4 -6 people a year get killed due to cagers getting pissed off and trying to accelerate around groups of riders or cagers pulling out in front of bikes. Your daughters boyfriend might get some frowns due to the fact he is on a crotch rocket but I don't think anybody will mess with him..... except for maybe the local chapter of the Hells Angels.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts