Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally bought the turn signals i've been meaning to buy all winter. The bad thing is instead of spending $90 on the turn-signals I ended up spending $260 on front and rear turn signals, a light for my license plate, P-clamps to mount the turn-signals, and some chrome trim for my tank. I had planed on getting the accessories at some point, and I needed to get the light for my license plate to be legal, but I still have buyers remorse. The little voice my mom instilled in me is telling me I shouldn't have spent 260$ on things I really don't NEED. I think when I get it all installed along with my new tank it'll all go away.

Focus:Have you had buyers remorse after buying accessories for your bike?

Secondary Focus:What is the most you've spent when you planed on buying just one thing!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Look at it this way, buying stuff for the bike relieves the stress of not riding. $260 is not to expensive for a cure for cabin fever. No remorse. 8)

·
Registered
259 Posts
I woke up yesterday am, no thoughts of buying anything. Read a thread on bags with backrests and wound up ordering a Lazy Rider. Just about ordered a new helmet a few minutes ago--slapped myself and came out of that one.

Now...where did I see those turn signal visors? :shock:

Crap! Just remembered--tomorrow, I'm going to a town that has 4 dealers.

I will not stop
I will not stop
I will not....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Buyers remorse has been accredited with being the number 3 form of stress. I was told after I bought my first bike ( too many years ago, but it is still true) that a bike is just a down payment for accessories :D . As long as you enjoy, you worked hard for the coin, put it to good use in your personal life. 8)

Cheers

Dragoon
:lol:

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have Buyers remorse most of the time, Same little voice, But then when I receive the things I bought, I turn into a kid at a candy store. Since christmas is getting old and boring, Getting more chrome makes up for it :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
joepool said:
[quote="SGTShadow
Hey it looks like we have the same bike. How much did that sissy bar cost you and what is it?
It's the Hondaline made for the bike. Can't remember the cost, got it at the Dealer's. Very good stuff, perfect fit.
I've got the Hondline too. Fits well and no worry's about needing longer bolts for saddle bag guards etc.

You can get the tall backrest and brackets for about $200 at Rick Rouch

https://www.rickroushaccessories.com/store/index.php/cPath/35_63_71_160

I did my own studs though as they don't make a studded pad.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I only feel bad when I find the part I just ordered the next week for a better price. I hate shopping the old-fashioned way (going to a store) as I am constantly driving all over town, back and forth looking for the best deal. Doing it on-line and just "bookmarking" items 'tlll I find the best price is MUCH better! I keep telling my family, "just one more big-ticket item, and then I'll be done! (...Lightbar's a-commin'!! )

·
Registered
49 Posts
Impulse buying. Is that another way to spell Wenchie?

That woman of mine has all kinds of parts on the shelf out in the shop. Coupla exhausts. All kinds of lights. I think she has 3 sets of saddlebags out there. 2 or 4 tool bags. There's a back rest from England (well, ordered from England, made in Italy, shipped from Spain and she got it a week after she ordered it. Wish the local shops were that quick.) Coupla windshields. The woman hates to shop unless its for the 'baby'.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you have less remorse when you buy at closeout prices.

I just bought my wife full leathers with armor msrp $600, paid $139

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Buyers remorce,
Put it this way - You would've just spent that money on something stupid like the house payment or food for your kids!!!
Just jerkin' your chain...sorry!
But seriously, that's the one thing about a bike. It's like Christmas everytime you go shopping.
I am sorry to inform you that now that you have a bike (some of us, more than just one) you will be spending money on extras and will have no control over it. It's like an addiction. Even after you have purchased and installed goodies for your scoot, you will continue to lay awake at night thinking of more things that you bike "needs"!!! There will be shelves of things you have installed and taken off, because you found something different or better. You will need to add your bike to you list of bills every month.
ie: House payment
Electricity
Heat
Bike accessories
Food
Clothing, ets.

This new bill will creep up to the top of your list of priorities and will eventually be at the top. Oh sorry, that's just me...
Buyers remorse...I got over it a long time ago!!! >PD<

·
Registered
871 Posts
impulse buying!!!!

That's why I own my motorcycle. If my friends hadn't already had bikes and I hadn't found this killer deal on mine I would still not have one.

It also works with hot rod cars. One of my last upgrades to my '69 Camaro was a braided stainless steel fuel line from the pump. Well, after a new fuel pump, all the colored AN fittings, polished hard line from the carb and the polished filter, I finally had my braided line installed LOL!

Hey, it's all in fun any way.

·
Registered
61 Posts
mutt said:
1. Buyer's remorse? What's that?

2 Once went to buy a master link, came out with a new bike.[/quote

This really made me laugh, I mean that was really funny, whether it is true or not. Well done, its the sort of daft thing that I would do.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Desiderius Erasmus of Rotterdam back in the 16th century used to say "Whenever I get a little money, I buy books. If I have any left over I buy food and lodging." Substitute 'bike parts' for 'books' and you'll see not much has changed over the past few centuries.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts