Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I just picked up Memphis shades lowers, a new custom front rotor, and a new turn signal switch.

So that's pretty delightful!

What else should I do to spice up my bike? Any ideas?

·
Registered
110 Posts
There's nothing like getting new parts for the bike!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
You have plenty of time...

And if you're already going to have the front apart to do the rotor, you might want to consider a fork rebuild & new progressive rate springs.

What is the bike?

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
But I just picked up Memphis shades lowers, a new custom front rotor, and a new turn signal switch.

Don't overwhelm yourself with new toys that you'll be rushing to install when the weather warms up and you want to get out and ride. When our warm weather arrives install one item at a time and take the bike out for the test ride to make sure it works. Then proceed onto the next upgrade. Makes it much easier to troubleshoot if you run into a problem. ;)

·
Registered
11,176 Posts

Nice....Welcome to the forum. Post some before and after pics....it's getting to be cabin-fever time here and we need visuals.

You could put a bikini clad vixen on it, snap a pic and post it here....just sayin';)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have plenty of time...

And if you're already going to have the front apart to do the rotor, you might want to consider a fork rebuild & new progressive rate springs.

Bike is a 1998 aero 1100

What is the bike?
I was considering the fork springs...what kind of difference with that make though?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
My bike, it helped A LOT with hard braking. The front end dive was pretty bad with my stock springs at ~15,000 miles. I added a little fork oil to try to stiffen it up, but this just made it ride like a paint shaker. I put up with that for most of a season, then changed out the springs last winter with some progressive rate springs. The ride is unbelievably better and the front end dive was almost eliminated.

If your bike is old enough for a replacement turn signal switch, I'm guessing you'd benefit from a front end rebuild, too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts