Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

So, I took on a project bike knowing basically nothing about working on a bike. It's a shadow750 frame, with a Shadow 1100 motor build. I think it's mostly all there. Missing battery, turn signals, mostly odd and end stuff. The wiring harness does not look right. Some things are capped off. Some hoses are cut, some things are unplugged... Where do I start? I'm flat broke and just totaled my car. So I have no choice but to get this thing on the road quickly and most importantly without cost... Please help...

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,065 Posts
If you need motorized transportation now I would suggest finding another option.

Project bikes are just that, a project. If it was a stock bike that was in parts it would a lot easier to help you get it back together and running. But with a different size motor and not knowing if it ever ran after the installation it is going to be an ordeal.

Not trying to discourage you from getting it running, it is just not going to be a quick fix in my opinion. Hopefully someone can come along and tell me I am wrong.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
So, I took on a project bike knowing basically nothing about working on a bike. It's a shadow750 frame, with a Shadow 1100 motor build. I think it's mostly all there. Missing battery, turn signals, mostly odd and end stuff. The wiring harness does not look right. Some things are capped off. Some hoses are cut, some things are unplugged... Where do I start? I'm flat broke and just totaled my car. So I have no choice but to get this thing on the road quickly and most importantly without cost... Please help...
@PhantomRider64 is spot on with his advice my friend. If you had posted that your bike cranks and runs, just needs a part or two to pass inspection it would be one thing. Trying to put Frankenstein together, especially with limited experience and resources, is just not going to happen and will put addition financial strains and hardship on you. I strongly recommend that you try to pass your headache on to someone else for a buck or two, get something running and reliable, and then down the road maybe pick up a more doable project.

I hate to say it, but I believe that's your best option at this time.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,898 Posts
Do you have any idea what's been done on the bike? an 1100 engine in a 750 frame would require a different Ignition control module and a different wiring harness.

Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
I think it's mostly all there. Missing battery, turn signals, mostly odd and end stuff. The wiring harness does not look right. UNQuote

You`ll need turnsignals to use it on the road, batteries are NOT cheap anymore, etc...

My advice is right along with our Gurus,
Dennis

Projects CAN BE Costly

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
That looks like an 1100 frame with the air intake tube on it.. I'd also verify the VIN number matches the title before putting any more time or money into it.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
So, I took on a project bike knowing basically nothing about working on a bike. UNQUOTE

Yeah, we all gotta learn,
Dennis

@ChefBillyGoat how`d you come by that handle???

·
Registered
13 Posts
So, I took on a project bike knowing basically nothing about working on a bike. UNQUOTE

Yeah, we all gotta learn,
Dennis

@ChefBillyGoat how`d you come by that handle???
It's a nickname I've had for years. I was a chef for over a decade, had a massive and long goatee, and would eat ANYTHING. Was given the name by a guy for a Superbowl betting tournament, and the name stuck. So I'm ChefBillyGoat now

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
It's a nickname I've had for years. I was a chef for over a decade, had a massive and long goatee, and would eat ANYTHING. Was given the name by a guy for a Superbowl betting tournament, and the name stuck. So I'm ChefBillyGoat now
So Chef... I've got a question: The other day I put water in a pot and tried to boil it. Burned the heck out of it. Any suggestions?

• Wow
Reactions: "Captain D"

·
Registered
718 Posts
So, I took on a project bike knowing basically nothing about working on a bike.

It's a shadow750 frame, with a Shadow 1100 motor build.

I think it's mostly all there.

Missing battery, turn signals, mostly odd and end stuff.

The wiring harness does not look right.

1) Where do I start?

I'm flat broke and just totaled my car.

2) I have no choice but to get this thing on the road quickly and most importantly without cost...

3) Please help...
1) Go to the top of the technical discussion page and download a copy of the service manual for your bike.

2) If that is the case, push that bike out into the road (preferably in front of someone's house that you do not like) and leave it for the garbage collector.

3) "IN OVER MY HEAD", that goes without saying.

Were you trying to make this post on a 'GoFundMe' internet site and accidentally put it on the HONDASHADOWFORUM by mistake??? If yes, don't forget to put in about the front porch falling and killing 9 of your best hunting dogs, and, the fact that grandma's surgery depends on you getting this bike running.

John

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
I gotta suggestion @squidchief >>>
Stay out the Kitchen,
Dennis

I have Ann take care of the cookin`

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Def a dead battery
that's a relief. I was worried my blinker fluid had run out.

I gotta suggestion @squidchief >>>
Stay out the Kitchen,
Dennis

I have Ann take care of the cookin`
Mrs. Squidchief is the chef in our house aswell. I do heat up a mean MRE and have been known to do a pretty good job of adding hot water to the occasional Mountain House meal when out in the boonies on a hunt!

Reactions: cyclejohn

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
19,728 Posts
I saw Blinker Fluid on the shelf the other day at NAPA ...
I thought that was OK,
Dennis

Keep the Mrs. @squidchief

1 - 15 of 15 Posts