Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do we have any Indiana riders out there. I know that I have seen one or two. Speak up, as I'm looking for some riding buddies to get out and enjoy the roads.

Road trips are welcome too. I'm planning on hitting the Dragon later on in the year, and I'm sure that there is going to be plenty of room in the pack if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I and my bike currently in Savannah but I live in Indiana. I work here and fly back back every other weekend if not more. At some point this is going to get old and I'm moving back there this summer (with my bike). I let you know. My house is in the Brownsburg area.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm not too far away. Check out my thread in the rides section. I'm going to DC in June. Also will be on the Miracle Ride again this year.

I'll be at Max Pitts tomorrow (in the cage) looking at bikes.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Hey Meatloaf, There is a bike expo in Lafayette on the 29th

The Lafayette Bike Expo March 29,30 2008 at Riehle Entertainment Complex 2270 Concord Rd. American Bike show, venders, tattoo contest and Miss Bike show contest. contest Keith DeNinno at 765 418 0332 or [email protected]

You might post it in Rides and Events and see if you could stir up some interest in having some Indiana riders meet up there.
I would be happy to meet up there but I will be in Nashville, TN that day giving away my daughter, I don't think she would take to kindly for me missing that for a bike expo.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,466 Posts
Well you pulled up a thread five months before I joined. 15 miles North of W. Lafayette.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
@JC_B you found and resurrected a 10 year old thread, the op was last on the forum in 2009, the others posted last in 2008 2009 2009 2012 and 2014,

It's usually a lot better to just start a new thread on this type of subject. No harm. Ride safely.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,466 Posts
I have this song stuck in my head now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
@JC_B you found and resurrected a 10 year old thread, the op was last on the forum in 2009, the others posted last in 2008 2009 2009 2012 and 2014,

It's usually a lot better to just start a new thread on this type of subject. No harm. Ride safely.

Ok... that way there could be dozens of threads on the same subject. Makes sense.
:wink2:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
Ok... that way there could be dozens of threads on the same subject. Makes sense.
:wink2:
at least you get responses from active members, rather than peeps pissed from reading a 10 year old thread just looking for ride partners and not responding at all. Just trying to help you get the responses you were hoping for.

·
Registered
97 Posts
at least you get responses from active members, rather than peeps pissed from reading a 10 year old thread just looking for ride partners and not responding at all. Just trying to help you get the responses you were hoping for.

Not to be argumentative but....

• The topmost menu bar has "Active Topics".
  • The right-hand sidebar has "Recent Discussions".
  • In the "User Control Panel" we have the "Thread Display Mode" where you can choose the display mode for threads. Mine is set for "Newest First".
  • For those who don't know the above, the most recent post is always under the "Last" (navigation) link on every thread.
What is frustrating, to peeps, is trying to use the forum search tool when it returns a multitude of threads for the same subject. A given subject will be reposted over and over again because no one wants to sift through dozens upon dozens of posts with the same topic. So, the problem perpetuates. Can't find it, repost it.

Just tryin' to keep the forum nice n tidy.

It's really not a big deal anyway.... is it?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,466 Posts
It is not too big of a deal to me except when I see a topic and want info on it and read and read, and get caught up in the discussion, and then when I go to reply I see it is years old and all those original guys are gone. :roll:

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
It is not too big of a deal to me except when I see a topic and want info on it and read and read, and get caught up in the discussion, and then when I go to reply I see it is years old and all those original guys are gone. :roll:
My point exactly @swift2014,,I'm done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts