Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I just bought a honda shadow , and im looking for people to ride with in central Indy, Is there anybody around????

ALso wondering i have my bbike permit and really dont have time to go threw ABATE to get my endorsement , is there another weay to do it ????? thanks chad

·
Registered
9,261 Posts
From Evansville here. Call your license branch. I think you can just take a riding test with them on their course. If you go through ABATE, you test on a 250 Honda Rebel, which is light and a little more agile. Plus if you drop it, you don't screw up your own bike. If you do it through the BMV, you test on your bike. Give them a call just to verify this. If you make it down to Southern Indiana, PM me and mabey we can set up a ride. Good luck!
Sent from my C5155

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im From west of indy, I would do abate it was well worth it you can do a lottery just show up for the first class most of the time someone will not show up but you need to bring cash

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys , I do agree abate is really worth it , just having a whole weekend to do it is hard going into summer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi from Evansville too You can go to the BVM get a biginners permit and after I think 30 days you can take the practical riders test.If you pass you will get your license. I think the biginers permit is good for one year but can't remember for sure.Abate does all the testing in Indiana.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to try and find somewhere i can just go and take it , i have had my permit for over 30 days, any places close to greenfeild?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Bmv will have/know schedule and location of test. 20 yrs ago it was every other weekend, but starting in April I believe.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you go to the Indiana BMV web site it will link you to ABATE course and test schedules and locations. Test is $10 to take. Course is like $75 if your not an ABATE member...... No expert here but I just researched all this info myself trying to get my endorsement back. Did the stupidest thing 7 years ago and didn't keep my endorsement when I had it. :banghead:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts