1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Crikey Mate, can't you Aussies make the same thing out of a Roo's pouch for half the price? :lol: :wink: Oh Wait Roos are a MYTH, perpetrated by the Australian Government to increase tourism......I forgot...... :wink:

Good price - Jafrum had some problems early on, do a search on this forum and look at some of the older threads, but I believe they have improved.

Personally I would opt for the Nelson Rigg weekender line, water proof, lots of pockets and straps only about $50 more. Strap it on and forget about it.

Nelson-Rigg Next Day Tourer (Merry has this one, and I have the Jumbo)

http://www.tonker.com/store/nelson_rigg_next_day_tourer.html
http://www.extragear1.com/get_item_svt600_svt600-tourer.htm

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
cbjr0256 said:
Crikey Mate, can't you Aussies make the same thing out of a Roo's pouch for half the price? :lol: :wink: Oh Wait Roos are a MYTH, perpetrated by the Australian Government to increase tourism......If forgot...... :wink:

LOL........... Now thats hilarious.

There are two things in Australia I have never met while there and never want to meet and thats their King Brown and their Taipan snakes. Both are nastier then a Sheila whose bloke forgot her birthday.

In regards to the Roo, its true, they do have them but they are not native to Australia. Like all good things in Oz, they were imported from the Kiwi's . :)

I say keep the Roo's and ship Howard and Pauline Hansen to NZ. :)

Chris

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cbjr0256 said:
Personally I would opt for the Nelson Rigg weekender line, water proof, lots of pockets and straps only about $50 more. Strap it on and forget about it.
Chuck that Nelson Rigg Jumbo is a nice looking bag. :D

Only thing is they want $156 to shipp a $99 bag Down Under :shock: . I didn't have the heart to tell them Australia is still on Planet Earth, NOT on Mars. :evil:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I bought that setup from Jafrum as a Xmas present for my son. He is waiting for summer to arrive before he can use it. From looking at it , it appeared to be well made and it opens up to a really big size. You should be able to jam a lot of gear in it. For the money it is worth it, as far as the cost of shipping I am afraid that is up to you.

·
Registered
512 Posts
aussieron said:
Only thing is they want $156 to shipp a $99 bag Down Under :shock: . I didn't have the heart to tell them Australia is still on Planet Earth, NOT on Mars. :evil:
Could you try and find a bike shop and see if they will order it, maybe they will get shipping cheaper?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have that bag.
It's nice, seems to be well made, and you can really pack a ton of stuff into it.
Lot's of straps and buckles, but once you figure out how it attaches, it's a breeze. Easy on and Easy off.
The rollback is nice to have, too.
Lot's of side pockets on the big bag for easy access.

I heard there were problems with buckles breaking, but I think that was on earlier models.
My buckles seemed sturdy enough.

I took mine on a 3 day trip, packed that thing up as much as I could, and probably had enough stuff for 5 days.
Performed well, didn't budge once I had it attached.
Now, my riding buddies are getting one for this year.

There's probably better ones out there, but they also cost a lot more.
I think you'll be very happy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Have you tried ebay Ron? Some products like that are listed.

Even if they don't list Australia as a shipping location, you could ask them too. You might get a better deal.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ron, just for the heck of it why don't you check UPS and see what the real cost is to ship down under from here. There may also be other less expensive shipper to your part of the world. Perhaps it would be less expensive for one of us to buy stateside and ship over personally. Also, I wonder if these are made in china and if so could they be gotten cheaper from asia to you.
Good luck.

·
Registered
8,119 Posts
They must be making some good money on the shipping. We ship things to Sydney for my wifes family and have never paid anything close to that for large packages.

If you get me the weight, I can check some postage rates for you. I would be happy to have the bag shipped to me and then I can reship it to you. An even cheaper method would be to find someone on the West Coast ( California ) and have them ship it over.

If you do not get this bag ordered by summer time then my wife and I can bring it over with us for free when we come over in June. We always carry empty suitcases with us so we can stuff them full of Aussie products on the return trip.

Chris

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the ideas and info people.

At this stage looks like i will be going with the Jayfrum off ebay. $45 and $45 to ship. I can live with that seeing similar items go for around $200 down here. But keep the replys comming, as I dont really need the bag untill May. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts